New Winky Cranks

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jfarrar

#21 Post by jfarrar »

i am not sure what to think about this.steve you would be the last person i thought wink would have sent a crank that was out of spec.or at least making sure it was perfect if it was infact outsourced.i am running a wink crank in mine but have only run about five gallons of fuel through it.so far so good

cannondale27

#22 Post by cannondale27 »

Yup should have been caught.Most people wont be able to check their cranks as I did.Might be worth getting it checked though.

jfarrar

#23 Post by jfarrar »

i didnt check any specs on mine but did notice my pin was a little short too.im gonna lay the smack down on this thing and see what happens:hammer:

DangerRanger

#24 Post by DangerRanger »

dalewannabe...I am building an R...due to some other information regarding.. None of which is related to Winky. In fact I will be having them do the motor work on the R. I saw the couple they did at the shop, and have talked with the riders, and they are very happy with his work on the new R.

I think Wink wants to make this right...he isn't out to screw anyone. I am more than willing to continue to use his work, as it has been good for me. Their may have been some hiccups, but I account for some of that fault. If he has had a few downfalls, that is okay, I know I aint perfect, I know I f$ck up alot, and some of those around me still trust me to do my best. He is learning from the mistakes...which is the key. alot of people have walked away with $$, parts, and screwed alot of people. I am sure winky is reading this, and I hope if he can get one motor complete and top notch again...it is Steves. Maybe Steve will never use him again...but at least they can both walk away respectably. I know both of them are great guys...and have alot to offer!!!:clap:

Mjollnir

#25 Post by Mjollnir »

Originally posted by thomez
Someone agrees with me about something, I'm in shock :wow

On top of that, it's WOLFMAN! I think a pig just flew by outside.

WolfmanGK

#26 Post by WolfmanGK »

Originally posted by Mjollnir
On top of that, it's WOLFMAN! I think a pig just flew by outside.

Did y'all see that??? Wait.. Wait.... It's JESUS!!!! He's BACK!!! biggrin.gif

I respect that Winky is making good on his product. I also appreciate you showing us this. Every company goes through a learning process, hopefully Winky can get his down to an art.

WJR

#27 Post by WJR »

As far as I'm concerned, Winkey does a **** good job. Look, there are going to be problems when you try to develop something new and improved. I have bit my tongue for a while on this, but it's kind of ticking me off lately. He redid my crank in an early run, it ran fine, and then I pulled it apart to have him do the crank plate mod, which he did for free. He also stands behind his work--i.e. for Steve, sure it sucks that it takes a while and many UPS trips, but as far as I'm concerned, anyone who will send you a new piece and money for shipping the old one back is living up to his end of the deal.

Furthermore, he takes time to talk with his customers on the phone, he'll answer questions, and he's willing to share his thoughts on this and that regarding the engines, assembly, etc.

I don't care what it is, when you design/redesign something there are going to need to be changes here, tweeks there, modifications etc. He spent a lot of time and money figuring these cranks out, and his service includes a lot more than just swapping a bearing out--maybe that is all that is needed, but it doesn't sound like it. A lot of stuff we know about the cranks and how to work on them, he figured out.

This isn't supposed to sound like a Bud Light commercial or anything, but Winkey ranks right up there as far as people I have dealt with. He continues to stand by his work and I bet by the time it's all said and done, his modded cranks and CCP's will be working well into the future. I wouldn't hesistate to refer people to him to have their work done.

WJR

MotoX_Racer07

I would have to agree WJR

#28 Post by MotoX_Racer07 »

I would have to say Jim is a great guy. I take all my specialty work to him and I havn't had a problem yet. As of right now I'd have to say he knows more about a C-dale engine then anyone at this point. All his current motors I think there are 9 out there running flawless with no problems. You can all have your Falicons. But when you throw it in and find that there is also an Oiling issue with these motors your crank is going to be junk. I will only go to Jim for crank work or any other motor issues he has been fixing. Everyone knows these Engines fail at some point and nothing on a c-dale is warranted, except Jims ... he will work with you until its right. So anyone who has to run there mouth should keep it to themselves, suck it up and see what kind of service they get from someone else if they have a problem.

thomez

#29 Post by thomez »

You can all have your Falicons. But when you throw it in and find that there is also an Oiling issue with these motors your crank is going to be junk.

:rotf

That is why balanced stock cranks can last hundreds of hours.

Fox Mulder

#30 Post by Fox Mulder »

So what exactly do you guys call standing behind his work?

Thats what has me puzzled about the last couple post. If you sent your motor to Winky for him to do the work he probably did stand behind it when it failed. What about all the Winky cranks that where installed by Haydug, Champion, or other motor builders. Did he stand behind those when they failed?