Stick of cannondale after 2 days. HELP!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
azcannon

Bad Battery

#21 Post by azcannon »

You are describing a bad battery , if it starts off the charger but not the battery you probably have a bad battery and definitely need to check that next. I have had one bad battery after sitting a while it goes dead so I bought a battery and a battery tender and never had a problem after that, battery always charged always starts great after sitting and I don't have to worry about it not starting when I get to the trail with a halfway charged battery !! you can have many goofy problems with starting with a bad battery not to mention all the ones you are describing

jesshamner

#22 Post by jesshamner »

I agree with the bad battery theory. Sometimes they will show that they will hold charge until you put a load on them. Then they drop really low.

These starting procedures are starting to sould like the old Nintendo games. Each nintendo had its own way of getting those **** cartridges to work.

exracer12

#23 Post by exracer12 »

was thinking of buying a brand new 400ex battery and putting it in?

azcannon

why ?

#24 Post by azcannon »

whats the difference between that and a cannondale battery? why not just use the right one?

Mjollnir

#25 Post by Mjollnir »

Don't get the "9" battery, get the "12". It costs less, is bigger, and like twice as powerful. You need to remove the starter to get it in, and use longer bolts in the hold downs, but once you do, it's a lot more reliable than the 9.

azcannon, I think you think too much! biggrin.gif

Marc

oldschool

#26 Post by oldschool »

a well stocked Auto Zone will have that battery on the shelf, i helped my friend work on his dale and we went to the zone and he bought a battery there.

azcannon

you

#27 Post by azcannon »

Originally posted by Mjollnir

azcannon, I think you think too much! biggrin.gif

Marc

I think someone is just askin for the " Roost " next time we go to Glamis !

cannondale440

#28 Post by cannondale440 »

i dont think i could be the battery because ive been running mine with a dead battery for over a yr. All it takes is a good bump start and some running to get some what of a charge in it. The computer and pump will run with **** near nothing. Though it is a bit tricky to get the bump start goin having to push the green button while doin it. Anyway ive had a bit to drink tonight so maybe i shouldnt post but im 99% sure its not the battery so......

azcannon

Paternity

#29 Post by azcannon »

...........Maury , I am 99 % sure i am not that baby's daddy , she's a lyin cheatin #$%#@ and that means it can't be me.

exracer12

#30 Post by exracer12 »

well it turns out i dont need a battery...i went out on sunday and before i tried starting it i primed the pump, then i turned the idel up a little and it fired up easy.....thanks for the help guys