Motors back in but won't start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

Steve the reason I say this I have watched people overwrite their original map when not doing it this way. For people new to writing to the ecu to me it would be easier to be on the cautious side then the quick side. I have done this to every quad I have owned and everyone's I have personally remapped and haven't had a problem. I have had problems in other areas of the mapping process so it can really mess up anywhere. It isn't a super stable system in my opinion.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

You cannot overwrite the map just by doing a throttle cal.Just the settings and you can get just the injector cals by selecting that box.Thats why it is there.I do not recommend recieving all cals(map) cause I have had it lock up or go way too slow many times.Might even be what happened to him and then he will need to reload a map.Just my experience.Optimums system is very unstable.If your going to load a new map anyway then it wouldnt matter since if old one is lost can get it at later time.Important thing is the settings to write them down.

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

He isn't trying to install a new map he is reusing the exsisting one. We can agree to disagree. Our experiences are telling us different things. Not to mention the old version of the software which neither of us knows which version is being used loads all the settings with no option as to what to send.

We can keep posting back and forth, but I err one way and you err the other. So let's just agree to disagree. Not to mention new people to the system would benefit by learning all the ways.

Now if you would like to continue this we can by phone or pm, but I feel like we have both wasted enough bandwidth disagreeing for today.

djmc

#34 Post by djmc »

Still no start. Here is what I have tried today:

Pulled the throttle cable loose and found the that 2.8 is the lowest possible setting with the screw backed off all the way. I then cranked the screw to raise the setting to 5.8. ( Can't achieve 100 throttle open though only 96.6%)

Checked spark...great spark

Changed plug because previous plug was wet. BTW what heat range do you guys recommend with the 460/ported engine?

Pulled the lid off the air box got a mirror and light and found two injectors puffing as described.

Regarding my downloading the ecu settings:
The first thing I did was record the setting to paper. Throttle pos closed 0.24
Throttle position open is 4.47
Throttle body leakage is 0
Fuel injector flow is 2500
Fuel injector offset is 0.65
Numeric Call is 33203

Anybody see anything odd in these numbers? Is the numeric call number the map designation?

Thanks for your patience in all this.
Dan

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

2 things

1. Your offset looks a little low, but that still shouldn't stop you from starting it.

2. I think 33203 is a stock moto map. I may be wrong on that though as I don't have acces to my d&m kit right now.

Also who did the porting? You might need to give it more fuel down low. You might want to get your stock settings and see if it hasn't been changed to far.

To get stock settings you need your frame vin or better yet engine serial number.

acarli3

#36 Post by acarli3 »

Yup..should start with those numbers. Starting to think more and more it could be timing??

djmc

#37 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by Derno24
2 things

1.  Your offset looks a little low, but that still shouldn't stop you from starting it.

2.  I think 33203 is a stock moto map.  I may be wrong on that though as I don't have acces to my d&m kit right now.

Also who did the porting?  You might need to give it more fuel down low.  You might want to get your stock settings and see if it hasn't been changed to far.

To get stock settings you need your frame vin or better yet engine serial number.

Black Widow did the all the work including the porting and mapping. Brad loaded a Blaze map at least that was his intention when I spoke to him. As far as more fuel I have consistently wet plug now.

djmc

#38 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by acarli3
Yup..should start with those numbers.  Starting to think more and more it could be timing??

When I had the throttle wide open to check the injectors squirting I got a good backfire up the throttle body.........valve timing? If the valve timing is off I probably have low compression ....right? What would be considered good compression numbers for a fresh top end?

Derno24

#39 Post by Derno24 »

It backfired up the throat could have just been too much fuel in there. Hmmmmm. I would say get your stock settings. Then go from there.

djmc

#40 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by Derno24
2 things

1.  Your offset looks a little low, but that still shouldn't stop you from starting it.

2.  I think 33203 is a stock moto map.  I may be wrong on that though as I don't have acces to my d&m kit right now.

Also who did the porting?  You might need to give it more fuel down low.  You might want to get your stock settings and see if it hasn't been changed to far.

The number off my motor is AAA5B1000858 where do I take this number to get the stock settings?