JE Pistons bad???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
haydug

#31 Post by haydug »

QUOTE (GDITheman @ Oct 2 2006, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
doug rebuilt my engine with the short rod falicon and je piston for the 468 setup a year and a half ago. i don't ride all that much, but i have taken it to the track and on long trail rides. probably have between 30 and 50 hours on it. seems to be running fine. i don't know what my compression is, but it smokes the 450's and has torque like crazy at 1 rpm. i'd love to get the right rod on the crank and a higher compression piston, but i'm moving again and the wife blew agasket over the rebuild haydug did. i have the stock piston with very slight wear on it sitting in the garage. i'd put it back in if i knew how. there was also the issues with the kibble valves and springs. i have those too. no problems yet. i'd switch back to a stock setup if i could do it myself. since i can't i just want to ride while i can. i ride on the torque side of my powerband not the high rpm horsepower side. i let the torque do the work.

As I stated before, ride it, when you get time, send it down, I'll go through it no charge. smile.gif

Idahocannibal

#32 Post by Idahocannibal »

QUOTE (haydug @ Oct 2 2006, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, 27, here is the delima. If you have a new JE sitting on the shelf, PAID for. And, you have a short rod falicon in your bike that runs fine, also PAID for. How is it cheaper to throw the JE in the trash, buy a "better piston" and then send the crank to falicon to rebuild.
What would you do?

So what if you paid for and thought you got a long rod falicon and JE, come to find out its a short rod and the piston hits the crank for some odd reason. And you try to see if there is some sort of warranty or anything, but stopped getting reply's and have to send crank to falicon and spend more money for a long rod and buy a new CP piston. Thats really cheap.

aroracer72

#33 Post by aroracer72 »

i dont know..its hard to just throw it in and ride it when it emans (and i KNOW it will happen) that my engine will take a nose dive and totally destroy itself or throw the crank and piston and could cost me alot of money..and soo could fixing everything now.
Chad

GDITheman

#34 Post by GDITheman »

QUOTE (haydug @ Oct 2 2006, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I stated before, ride it, when you get time, send it down, I'll go through it no charge. smile.gif

i was looking back at my messages and last time we talked about looking at my engine was in January of this year. so, it's been a while and running good (except for the non related electrical issue this weekend) ran great at the track in march (except for my kneee bumping the on/off switch). i'm going to see what falicon will do about getting me the correct length rod for my short rod crank. anyone have experience with getting this done from falicon?

i'm glad you popped up on this subject, doug. i thought you were done with the dales completely. good to see you still around. if i have you look at it, i might as well get the crank fixed right and maybe swap the springs and valves back to stock and maybe do a piston also. this time i want to do it so it lasts. not that this one hasn't, but i'm tired of hearing i have a ticking timb bomb every few months. maybe i do, but it's hard to get motivated about tearing it down when it beats up on my buddy's modded pred 500.

Happyboy

#35 Post by Happyboy »

Last person that got Falicon to do this I think it cost bout 100 bucks. I think Falicon actually built them to spec which is why they won't do it for free. But, thats an excuse you would have to hear from Falicon.

wanablaze

#36 Post by wanablaze »

QUOTE (haydug @ Oct 2 2006, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, that sounds like a good deal to me. Props to Doug for standing behind his work!

I had an issue with the trans in my bike, and even though it wasn't his fault, he stood behind it and offered to send a whole new trans. Thanx, Doug!

Smitty911

#37 Post by Smitty911 »

I sent my unwanted "Short Rod" to Falicon $180 bucks later it has the correct rod in it.

JE Piston and liner on the bench, any offers?

ASSO piston in currently and waiting to ride it soon.

Smitty

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

I cannot imagine any legit excuse Falicon could come up with for making the rod short.They are professionals who charge plenty to do it right.They are the ones who should pay.Really they should buy a piston also.Doubt that but if enough stink is made who knows.

haydug

#39 Post by haydug »

Good luck with Falicon. I have seen a crank break in half and they charged him for 1/2 a crank, and while they had it apart putting the new 1/2 on it, they charged him to install the correct rod.
No, they did not build it to spec, I send several peices, including crank, case, counterbalancer, cartridge plate, etc for them to design the crank. I had NO time, and NO experience in designing a crank. I even donated a few of those items to them, as I had to resend several of the parts again.
Kudos to Falicon.

cannondale27

#40 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats just it.They had all the necessary parts to make the crank to the correct specs and they didnt so they should fix thier error.They are the crankbuilders.Maybe now that this is finally being talked about a better outcome will happen.Sounds to me like enough people got ripped to really cause a problem for them if not taken care of.