Coolant Circulation

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jesshamner

#31 Post by jesshamner »

Actually this is a custom screen that I made from some thin wire mesh. It is attached to the scoops and positioned at the outer most edge. It basically makes a box but allows air to circulate from the top and bottom if the screen gets muddy. Although it has never been that muddy. My radiator rarely has and chunks of mud on it since I installed it. The other screen is just behind the bumper between the 2 frame rails. Its obsolete now that I have a number plate. This is off topic but I was thinking about making some tubing to run from the headlight covers down across the radiator to generate more direct air flow.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

That sounds like a great design!

jesshamner

#33 Post by jesshamner »

Sounds great....looks like bush league. LOL. I did try to paint the mesh red metallic but it still looks crappy. But as long as it does it's job, I don't care...And it does its job WELL. I'm serious when I say that I NEVER have chunks of mud on my radiator even in the nastiest riding.

If you're talking about the tubing, I think it would work well to get some cross flow going. I just need to figure out how to make the tubing. I'd like to do some sort of plastic tubing like the 400ex snorkel but I'll probably experiment with some cardboard and fiberglass first. I've never tried to mold plastic.