Quad Stalled

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#31 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Jun 12 2007, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Load of bull? Um...I am pretty sure what I said is in line with what you said.

"don't think of ATK in terms of honda, yamaha, or whatever."
please explain what you mean then. I took it as ATK is parts only and not able to support riders like the others. Maybe I was wrong in my interpretation.Yes I think you are wrong.You are saying they are parts only.Even had Capitol letters.They are selling machines.Not many but they are.What I meant by the Honda,Yamaha comparison is that they are huge.Have alot more resources but also are a lot less personal

I know thats where others are coming from. A REAL dealership has to have the mechanical abilities along with the parts. The parts is the small part of the business.Really?I bet I could find alot of Dealerships that will say $ is in parts and service. Now, how does ATK see the market? PARTS, parts, and parts. They have made it very obvious they could care less about helping those that need the help whether it be in training the ATK dealers or doing the simple motor mods this community has proven. I saw it down here with Ben Baker's quad. He took it to an ATK dealer who said sure, come on in! Had ATK sent them to any kind of training or set them up with needed tools? Heck no. They have done some things.Some were wrong and some were right.More could be done but you cant say they havent made improvements.Also why not dig into history of some REAL dealerships.Alot of really good ones started out of a garage.In these days I have no trouble getting most parts in 1-3 days.Of course mechanical ability is necessary.All you need to do is look around and see what kind of job alot of Big dealerships do.Lot of horror stories out there.Not a ATK specific issue.

Whether Pete is a nice guy or not is not in question. Will he screw people over is not in question. So stop actiing like it is. He got smacked because he is an ATK dealer who didn't have the most needed of tools. Its not just Pete's fault, its ATKs fault for setting him up as a dealer in the first place. They should at the least be setting up dealers with a tools list and a requirement to have them. IMO at least. smile.gif That would be nice but they also know that if someone wants thier ATK fixed there are many places to get it done

So once again Steve you just need to breathe a litlte and chill. Why exactly do you get so worked up you can't break up your paragraphs to make it easier to read? wink.gifI get worked up when you yell statements like PARTS ONLY DEALERS.Paragraphs.Why just because you need to make double spaces to make a paragraph thats not right.

and ps...ATK support does not come in the form of cannondale support. That don't count. tongue.gifSure it does

2000ex

#32 Post by 2000ex »

Wasn't this thread about your quad stalling? unsure.gif Did you find out what went wrong?

peterock

#33 Post by peterock »

Sure did, flywheel spun. Then Haydug decided he take the post of subject and rip on myself and ATK because I didn't have a fly wheel puller.

2000ex

#34 Post by 2000ex »

These flywheel spinning isues have not caught up to me as of yet. I have a feeling with my two big bore strokers I just built, the party is going to end shortly.

I will be sure to bring a puller and a spare flywheel with me to the races! wink.gif

wistech

#35 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Jun 13 2007, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These flywheel spinning isues have not caught up to me as of yet. I have a feeling with my two big bore strokers I just built, the party is going to end shortly.

I will be sure to bring a puller and a spare flywheel with me to the races! wink.gif

I was taking them along on trail rides with the stroker and guess what ? I spun a flywheel and changed it right there on the trail. To bad the stator bought the farm a while after that. Hopefuly the new flywheels will be the end of that BS.

As far as Pete goes I think I will start to cut him some slack as ATK is so far behind us and there is a steep learning curve here. Its going to take time for him to catch up but I think he's doing great .

MI_CDALE_Rider

#36 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

Wow.. blink.gif you jump on the net in the morning to surf thru the site and BAM.. I run head first into this post thinking this sounds interesting "Quad stalled..."

So that I fully understand the flywheels can spin because a "key" is the issue ? The fix is to use the special flywheel puller and install a fresh key? ALso there was mention of a indicator pointing at the letter "C" ?

In response to the discussions regarding the flywheel puller itself... I guess if I were to think of myself as an average trail rider (not racer) and I walked into Pete's dealership to check out ATK's offerings I would want to discuss the availability of service. If I didn't know the difference between a torx bit and a 10mm socket then I would expect to base my purchase on the ability to have my bike/quad serviced locally by the dealer.

I like the fact that Pete stated that if he didn't have the correct item in stock that he would make sure to get it for the customer. Thats customer service.. I've been to the big dealers that are more annoyed just to speak with you much less ensure you get what you need by all means required.

If Pete were to tell me that "hey Ken if you buy this bike/quadand & need repairs and I can't perform them, I can make it happen locally thru X, Y or Z" then that would work, for me, as well.

In some aspects I'm glad to still see some fiesty conversation about the dales and ATKl... its really shows that there is still a passion out there for these machines in the face of new technology..i.e the new Kaw and Can am 450's. I wonder if people on this board realize how easy it is for a possible new buyer to say.. I can buy a EFI, Alum frame w/reverse kaw 450 at a local dealership, have parts galore available, and service... why should I buy a dale/ATK??

OK.. my $.02 thanks!
Ken

P.S. My post was not intented to slam or pee off anyone, its just my ramblings. I have much respect for everyone here and appreicate the chance to hear from fellow Cannondalers.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

You make a very good point.

For the flywheels no a key isnt normally the issue although it has happened.Issue is the whole aluminum part of flywheel will spin on the steel hub.A good flywheel the keyway in hub will line up with the C in Cannondale which is written on face of flywheel.Its a good idea to make two or three scribe marks though hub and aluminum so its easy to notice if its spun even a little.

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Jun 14 2007, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make a very good point.

For the flywheels no a key isnt normally the issue although it has happened.Issue is the whole aluminum part of flywheel will spin on the steel hub.A good flywheel the keyway in hub will line up with the C in Cannondale which is written on face of flywheel.Its a good idea to make two or three scribe marks though hub and aluminum so its easy to notice if its spun even a little.

We had a thread going a while back on the flywheels with pics but I imagine they are gone now.