oil everywhere!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#31 Post by wistech »

I know how that happens. It was the center scavange gear wasn't it?

speedracer

#32 Post by speedracer »

You are correct, the other two gears were intact, just the center gear was broken in half. What gives?

cannondale27

#33 Post by cannondale27 »

Decomp.

cannondale27

#34 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 22 2008, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny, the internet has made people very tactless. I would never tell someone to their face that they were "just plain wrong" unless I was looking to get my face smashed in. I suppose there is a comfort level in being 2000 miles away and therefore being able to say whatever you want.

What would you do say it behind thier back?Now you threaten?Who is tactless Deatons?I have tryed to be patient with you because you are misinformed.If you are going to be a big baby about it I will let all your 1qt oil post go with just a simple WRONG! post laugh.gif

thedeatons

#35 Post by thedeatons »

How does the decomp split the gear in half? Do you mean that a piece of the decomp broke off and went down the tube to the scavenge pump, thereby locking it up? Can you give us a little more than "decomp"...

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that will do it. Maybe Wistech has seen something else also.

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

Shortly after decomp goes a valve will drop. Good thing the gear broke before more damage was done. Hope it had enough oil in it to allow some spewing.

claas900

#38 Post by claas900 »

Could also be a cam bearing, that got down into the pump. Seen that happen also. Before I'd tear the motor down to bare bone I'd make sure the pump is in fact locked up. That gear might have gotten broken when putting the motor back together, you just never know.

thedeatons

#39 Post by thedeatons »

True.... I have seen pieces of a valve bucket get down there. We didn't know where the piece of metal came from until we pulled the cam. You couldn't see anything wrong with the cam in and being rotated by hand.

speedracer

#40 Post by speedracer »

You guys are gonna make me pull the rest of my hair out! So I guess it's not as simple as pulling the cover and installing a new gear? Guess my tax return is going to someone how can fix this.