DOA engine

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#31 Post by Canniboomer »

Those appear to be Cannondale stainless valves.

But I haven't seen those 8 extra holes into the cooling jacket before,...interesting.

cannondale27

#32 Post by cannondale27 »

I am all for creative ways to make power and fix issues but cooling our motors is not a issue.

kdeal

#33 Post by kdeal »

wacko.gif

Do me a favor and post the engine serial number and any numbers you find on the head.

I honestly believe that your cam caps were exchanged with cam caps from another head. The head is indeed a WWE head and uses some of his latest "mods". The eight cooling holes drilled in the head and the billet plate welded to the front of the intake for the injectors are all part of that set-up. The porting is definitely closer in volume than previous designs (a plus). The head I saw had a tapped hole between the two injectors in the front with a heli-coil insert.

Kuma

#34 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Happyboy @ Nov 15 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Head does look good. Looks like it has a nice cleanup port job. If you wanted to go big with the port job you might run into problems because of the injector reangle. You will have trouble running stock injectors though as they spray at an angle. The guys that were doing the reangle assumed they were spraying straight...They assumed wrong.

If I'm not mistaken the Harley injectors spray straight as do the Edlebrock, could be a work around to the reangle?

Kuma

#35 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Deityracer @ Nov 15 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smooth as silk.. no hump at all, everything is uniform.. I take it the valves are most likely titanium as they aren't magnetic.

so it sounds llike I got lucky and have a good head, or is that subjective on who I ask?

If Ti valves then you should have the bronze seats

cannondale27

#36 Post by cannondale27 »

Its just stock stainless valves.You can reangle injectors all you want but with the amount of air flowing through our intake even syrup would be forced right where it belongs.In our case we have finely atomized fuel that could be blown through by a birds breath.Show me the numbers.If it dont perform its not worth one cent.

peterock

#37 Post by peterock »

I know we have all talked about the spray pattern of the injectors. Not to start a debate about, but it would be an advantage for the injectors to actually spray down the throat instead of straight across. How much is the question really. I say this as you have to really look at it. Yes, the fuel is atomized, but it would still cause a slight change/disturbance in the air flow. Or if it was shooting downward, aid in the air flow.

Somebody summit it to mythbusters so we can see them do one of those cool air flow tests with colored smoke and such.

I do tend to lean more towards what Steve is saying, but you have to wonder sometimes how much certain conditions affect another.

cannondale27

#38 Post by cannondale27 »

Its simple.If it works so good why isnt it beating the Timbo motors in hp?

Deityracer

#39 Post by Deityracer »

ok.. so why would a non matched cap destroy a bearing? is there undue force that is being projected into the outer race from the sides?

Happyboy

#40 Post by Happyboy »

There are theories that the cam caps were line bored If this is the case then the cam caps would have to stay with the head they came from otherwise the cap could squeeze the bearing and cause wear. Easy rule of thumb is to install the cam and spin it by hand. If it moves freely than you are good to go, if it binds at all reinstall and hope that fixes it. Otherwise your cap may be the issue. There are also marks on the caps that indicate location and direction of install.