Cutting out/backfiring

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
autox7

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 Post by autox7 »

Well, sort of at least. I got to thinking about what you said about the 2 wires.

I had the to cables for the battery and the starter reversed.
ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
So, I put them back them way they are supposed to be, and the injectors fired right up.

I have power at the fuze, I have power at the fuel pump, but still no power at the starter. I suspect that when I reversed the cables, it wore out the starter solenoid, and the solenoid is toasted.

:clap: :clap:

Thank you, Thank YOU !!!!!!

Now, hopefully the ECU is not toast and I can get the thing bump started this morning.

dawzie

#32 Post by dawzie »

that should not have hurt it. Let me know where you are at with getting this running.

autox7

#33 Post by autox7 »

Okay, after much head scratching and a few late nights, I determined that I had the wires coming from the battery to the starter solenoid, and from the starter solenoid to the starter reversed. Thank you VERY much to Dawzie who stayed up LATE one night and helped me with that.

I took the bike out last weekend and we got it bump started, but it would not start on it's own. This afternoon I decided to try and dig into that problem. Well, it appears as though the clutch lever is not closing the circuit enough to allow power to pass to the starter. Is there an easy way to adjust this? I have the clutch lever off now, and the bike will start on it's own if I push in the plunger to close the circuit.

Can I just splice the wires together and bypass the clutch all together? Or is that not a good idea. Or is there an easy way to adjust the clutch lever so that it will engage the plunger. I have already played with the thumb wheel to try and adjust it, and it makes no difference.

I am still open to any suggestions anybody has for me. Thank you all for your time and support, we are almost there. I can taste it!!!!:cheers: :clap:

dawzie

#34 Post by dawzie »

neither one of mine have a clutch safty switch. I would bypass that like you said