cold weather riding

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#31 Post by wistech »

I had a bosch relay on one of our fleet vehicles fail at low temps once. We would tow the vehicle in the shop and before you could run a diagnostic the ecm would power up and it would start right up. The relay would warm up and the points in it would make contact again. That one took a couple of days to find. This cannondale problem seems very similar but the dale ecm uses transistors to ground the fuel pump instead of relays.

Derno24

#32 Post by Derno24 »

wistech any further ideas on this problem. Mine popped back up again. i swear it is just messing with me.

wistech

#33 Post by wistech »

Well the funny thing was I talked to scooter at optimum and he suggested installing the M hex code so I did. The first night it was around 15 degrees and the quad ran great for about an hour. Then the old symptoms came back and it ran crappy for about 20 minutes. After stopping to refuel it ran flawless ever since. The temps were above 20 for the last 700 miles the darn thing has run perfect since the night I installed the M code. Go figure. Its hard to diagnose when they run right. I got this feeling I wont have to worry for about 9 months. :cry:

Derno24

#34 Post by Derno24 »

Where did you get the M hex code? I spoke to scooter and he was saying it might be a fuel delivery problem. I am wondering if somewhere there isn't a weak spot that is only magnified when the system requires more than normal fuel.

cdrookie

#35 Post by cdrookie »

derno, just part that thing out. i'll give you $100 for those elkas:p

wistech

#36 Post by wistech »

The M code was already in my D&M kit when i bought it. That was back in feb of 03 so I guess they didnt update the code since then.

Derno24

#37 Post by Derno24 »

Do you know what the number is of that hex code???

wistech

#38 Post by wistech »

Oh gosh im sorry . If its an m or k code it it will have a m or k or whatever somewhere in it . Ill look it up when I get to work for the exact number . As the revisions progressed the letter went down the alphabet. I believe they even have the codes posted in the tech section now. Again Im sorry derno.sad.gif

Derno24

#39 Post by Derno24 »

No problem. i am just trying toi make sure I have the right code in mine that is all....

wistech

#40 Post by wistech »

The 2 codes stored in my D&M kit are h302v04m.hex and h002v04m.hex One is for the bikes and one is for the quads. I have to go to work now because its written down there. I know it was discussed here on the forums once so you might be able to do a search before I can get back to you as to which is the bike and which is the quad code.