Air box mod

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#31 Post by Canniboomer »

Yes, the stock airhorn is left intact.

FUGITV

#32 Post by FUGITV »

heres what i did to mine. made a BIG difference, seems snappier and runs tons harder than before:)

FUGITV

#33 Post by FUGITV »

OOOPS!! wrong pic. thats what i chenged in the old airbox tray. i run a K&N filter right off the throttle body with the velocity stack inside the filter. it fits under the stock plastic and all i had to modify was my key switch plate (bent it up a teenie bit). i cant find a pic on my computer of it, so i'll have to go take one either tonight or in the morning. if anyone is interested in this setup, let me know i can give some part numbers:)

cdalemx301

#34 Post by cdalemx301 »

is there a reason why people move the fuel pump or is it just looks?

Canniboomer

#35 Post by Canniboomer »

I've moved my fuelpump to a suspended position under the electronics tray between regulator and steering stem -- area still well ventilated and not getting direct heat from radiator, and larger/easy access fuel filter is then possible -- you can then move starter solenoid to the old fuelpump frame lugs, and free up access to battery or enable larger (taller) battery -- lots of side-benefits to the relocation, but usually requires ditching the up- front foam filter.

speed_demon

#36 Post by speed_demon »

FUGITV is your frame adonized? If so, how much did it set you back? Looks sweet!:wow

speed_demon

#37 Post by speed_demon »

Ooops! I just saw the pwdercoating info in your signature:drink:
Guess I need sleep!

FUGITV

#38 Post by FUGITV »

not a problem demon!!

i moved the fuel pump to get it out from behind the hot radiator so it runs cooler. (thats a dumb idea on cannondales part). i also moved my pressure regulator just to kind of keep it cleaner and get it out of the way since once its on you dont ever do anything with it. i put a quadtech hood on as well so when in racing i can get cool air to go across the coomputer, fuel pump, regulator, and right up to the air filter. thanks!

ill go get a pic of it now:head:

JST

#39 Post by JST »

Does any of the lines for the electronics or fuel injection have to be extended to moves the parts?

Canniboomer

#40 Post by Canniboomer »

Yes, some swapping and short extensions of fuel line is needed for the suspended fuel pump, but I have some stock of the OEM fuel line for that... as for electrical in my case, nothing is cut or extended... If interested, I could do a complete pre-assembly for you... just PM for more pics or details.