cannondale engine problem

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
AlaskaSpeed

moving along....

#31 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

While i have a stud update kit on order, I was amazed to find that my local dealer had one in stock for some reason...lol. Here are some pics of my project coming together. Let me add that those allen bolts were TIGHT....:eek:

AlaskaSpeed

#32 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

other side...with Smitty's stator cover after a polish job!biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

#33 Post by Ryanstones »

oh man, that clutch cover is pretty!!! How much was it?

Looks like you are getting close Alaska. I am so jealous rolleyes.gif

AlaskaSpeed

#34 Post by AlaskaSpeed »

Ryan....I got a good deal on the clutch cover through the Quadshop, however...the supplied polished allen head bolts WOULD NOT work. Only 3 would thread....and I tested those 3 in every hole; so it wasn't the case, but the other 5 bolts themselves....can't explain that....lol JIM

fyrmedic

#35 Post by fyrmedic »

looks great, Alaska!!.. glad your bolts were tight.. takes some of the worry out of my head!! I like your extras, the cover is way cool!! hopw you aren't down too long like I have been.. sucks when your riding buddies call and want to go:mad:

NRath

#36 Post by NRath »

As for the vent line re-route, "it's only required on those vehicles that have experienced the oil blowing in the air box" as stated by a reputable Cannondale representative. Mine hasn't, but it would be nice to do the update before it does and save the embarrasment and clean up.
And the front motor mount issue does not affect all quads, either. Only those that have CANNONDALE molded into the lower right side of the motor case down by the trans. drain bolt.

Alaska, Looks Great! Did you just polish the OEM clutch and oil filter covers?

One more thing, I notice theres a punk in this thread talking smack!! Da' Boy's asking for a beat down!:mad: :mad: :mad: wink.gif Maybe he's just mad 'cause his quad won't run!

NRath

#37 Post by NRath »

Guy, what I referred to is on page 2 of the motor mount bulletin. According to it, the logo I mentioned is the one determining factor as to whether you need the update, which you do:( sad.gif . I think someone meant to tell you motor case instead of cylinder. I haven't looked at mine, yet. Mine's a little older, so I'm hoping it's not affected.

On another note: Regarding people reading about our problems and being scared to buy one- that's bogus. Every ATV forum on the internet is full of quads that have problems by all makers. I applaude C'dale for posting their known issues on the net so the onwers can see if there quads are affected. All the maker's have recalls and bulletins, but none of the others post them for the world to see. Ever seen the bulletin logs at a GM dealership?? Better take a wheelbarrow if you want to take them home!

fyrmedic

#38 Post by fyrmedic »

I agree, Nrath!! C-Dale is helping the owners A TON by posting the updates! I also know about the GM stuff.. have a good friend who is a mech. and showed me all of the fixes to my truck... wholly snot!! and GM doesnt let us know. It means a lot for a company to care about its customers like C-Dale does!!