Red Hot Setup For Cannondale

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Canniboomer

#31 Post by Canniboomer »

..example of cable grounding location:

Canniboomer

#32 Post by Canniboomer »

...some extra sheathing for new cable (pic)...
many other routings possible per your preference -- note existing coil wire is routed directly to new coil, with about 6 inches extra for that coil location.... plenty of sparkplug cable is now available to wrap an inductive tach/hour/service meter pick-up line.... will offer this setup soon when all is perfected and ride-tested.

Canniboomer

#33 Post by Canniboomer »

....riding next several days with this setup installed on 2 quads.
Also there will be at least 4 other coil-on-plug Cannondales to compare with -- Oregon Florence Driftwood Dunes area.

Canniboomer

#34 Post by Canniboomer »

The dune trip was great!...The hotwires/coil setup worked flawlessly, once I got them both wired up securely - no troubles, and 2 days of some very hard riding in damp power-robbing sand -- we did everything, treeshots, beach runs, high speed pounding whoops roads, you name-it. I was quite impressed, and the other riders were also. Both of my quads in test have never been D&M'd yet, and the Glamis needs it -- it has always sputtered/hiccupped when warm or decelerating, but not as much on this trip. Still, it needs some flow adjusts, but gave the best peformance yet. Both quads started very easy hot or cold. The 14/42 Glamis/HMF was fastest among the four in picture, until day 2 and about 3 hours after break-in oil change when I finally let loose with the New 13/42 Speed - it rips!...clearly fastest of the 4, and stock except for the Hotwires and my airbox mod. Sure, that could be attributed to stock mapping differences, and not very scientific...
But hey! I'm really impressed, and will not be using my stock coils again, and can't wait to install inductive meters both quads.
As for the plug boots, they are still being re-made to fit better, but coming soon....mine were trimmed-up to fit for the purpose of this ride test. Anyway. 6 'dales out and 6 'dales back with no problems -- a great time!
...in pic is Jamiesel, J.Delaney, Boomerkid, and the new ride...

dalewannbe

Keep up the good work

#35 Post by dalewannbe »

Thanks for the encouraging report. Send up some more pictures please. How about some prices too!

Canniboomer

#36 Post by Canniboomer »

The new plug boots have been extended and the fit is good now! The flange at the top is a bit tighter than our stock coils going down in, but with just a ring of di-electric and some care it seats down very snug -- and yes, we are still recommending to use the stock hold-down clamp.
...Another Hotwire cable routing down between the impeller hose and spar drain works good also, and makes for an even shorter cable run -- lots of install options... ran 3 more days with 2 bikes over the holiday, with no problems -- just haul-arse fun... only a bad battery and I really believe this ignition saved me from a fouled plug after my kid cranked and cranked ... at least it fired back up normal after the battery replaced (surprising no tank removal needed)... more power and better fuel economy (both)
from 6-hour ride experience and most bikes on reserve, ours with about a gallon left (not scientific, just a perception)... hoping for 3rd party feedback from the early takers of this kit -- shipping early next week.

wanablaze

#37 Post by wanablaze »

Can't wait to get ahold of one!

Canniboomer

#38 Post by Canniboomer »

Sure, just don't hold onto the end of it while standing in water and cranking the motor!!

ps, your inbox is full.... PM me your email.
mine is pacrimdm@msn.com biggrin.gif

wanablaze

#39 Post by wanablaze »

Dear Canniboor,
I'm sorry but I don't check my email much and don't have paypal. I will buy one of these off you, but am currently a little backed up. I don't know if I'm going to change plugs, but with the current nac's mapping, when I dragrace the bike gets too hot. I'm looking into a bigger radiator since my billet impellar hasn't showed up yet. I also need to pick up some shocks and wheels so I can get some stuff out to Jay. I will contact you by email as soon as possible, though.
Thanx, and sorry, wannablaze.

c41xracer

#40 Post by c41xracer »

i know this is old but what were the results?