motor and product evaluation 92hrs

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wistech

#31 Post by wistech »

Heres my prototype labwear:p Oh Ya Im cool

kdeal

#32 Post by kdeal »

You two need some help...LOL I think you both need to get out more, how about Florida in the winter? As long as you guys bring a box of goodies with you, I'll save a couch for you to crash on....LOL

I love reading about the escapades of Timbomoose & Wistech.

smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#33 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by kdeal
You two need some help...LOL I think you both need to get out more, how about Florida in the winter? As long as you guys bring a box of goodies with you, I'll save a couch for you to crash on....LOL

I love reading about the escapades of Timbomoose & Wistech.

smile.gif

Don't poke fun Ken. I found one of your baby pictures.

:rotf

kdeal

#34 Post by kdeal »

LMAO...:w:

claas900

#35 Post by claas900 »

..Hey Tim i was wanting to know if the motor "92hours motor" was a motor that had lost a rod,or had other issues..Or was it a running motor that never had issues?..

timbomoose

#36 Post by timbomoose »

I picked up this quad from another cannondaleriders member danyeo.Bought it half torn apart.Found it had a bad scavenger pump and the wrist welded itself to the small end of the rod which inturn made the wrist pin wear through the piston and then flew off and hit the head.Head had bent valves but was salvageable.Piston and sleeve was trashed.Of course couldn't leave it stock so used a 450 piston and sleeve and made a 2mm stroker crank with a new replacable pin and a z400 bearing and a used rod from a bilet crank also unknown hrs.Rod had wear but not excessive.When assembling the new valves didn't come in yet so I put a head on it from a spare motor with a bad crank with unknown hrs.Should have put new valves in that one also.Can't complain about the quad at all trouble free the hole time except for normal wear items.Was planning on tearing it down to inspect the crank at 100hrs,but got cut a little short.sad.gif

timbomoose

#37 Post by timbomoose »

Inspected the crank and am very happy with the results.I tore down another c'dale for someone today with just over a hundred hrs with a cannibal map who blew a clutch plate and was going to clean out the motor from the debris and was just going to do updates(stage 8,motor mnt,etc) and z400 bearing to crank.Tore crank apart and you can see it was ready to go.This canniabl was very rough and had a hard life.

timbomoose

#38 Post by timbomoose »

The one on the left was his:eek: As you can see from the pic the rod is in excelent shape just some polishing on the outside from the cage.The actual wear was in tenths.smile.gif The other was not even worth mentioning.:cry:

timbomoose

#39 Post by timbomoose »

The pin on mine was a custom one I made to stroke it.Same hardness as stock pins,but the zbearing cage never contacts the pin and has a close fit to the rod so it can't slop up and down like the stock bearings and the cage can't make grooves like this one.:confused:

timbomoose

#40 Post by timbomoose »

As you can see from the pic on the right the pin is in excellent condition and only has about .0001 wear.biggrin.gif The pin on the left has the grove and wear line ony wear the cage rubs.The other marks are light and probably from crank debris from the rod.