Does this look Ported and Polished???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#41 Post by cannondale27 »

You guys should all run some TT's,1/2mi ovals or even the trails around here.Believe me the power can and is used.If you dont want it fine.Remember though that it would be very easy to detune any of the Dale motors enough that anyone could handle it nicely.Just put a air box and old stock exhaust on.

cannondale27

#42 Post by cannondale27 »

Also Tims porting is different for different motors.They do not go for max flow with a stock stroke big bore for example.

Happyboy

#43 Post by Happyboy »

Originally posted by haydug
Point here fellows: Different builders do different things, who is to say that each is the correct way?

This is the biggest reason places don't allow their port jobs to be photo'd and put on the web. Because people will 1) copy 2) pick it apart.

So, take the pics down and deal with Doug on the phone. If you are unhappy then get it resolved one way or another, if you are happy after the phone call then run it. I don't think this was meant to get things riled up so maybe some will look past that.

:cool:

cannondale27

#44 Post by cannondale27 »

Bull.This post started with pics of a unported head which was supposed to be ported.It also includes accusations that Tims porting doesnt make HP.Which is a insult to my integrity also.But the fact remains that head smitty posted pics of wasnt ported or if it was touched I sure dont see it.I guess people need to decide for themselves who is credible and who is full of it.Somebody got ripped off.

haydug

#45 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Bull..It also includes accusations that Tims porting doesnt make HP.Which is a insult to my integrity also.

Steve, go eat a valium dude. I just re-read everyone's post, and I have NEVER once heard that Timbo doesn't make power. In fact, I have NEVER read that Timbo doesn't do good work.
This whole thread had actually nothing to do about Tim, yet somehow the whole r&d team turned it into a "this is not a timbo port job, so it is not correct" thread. :drink:
Have you ever heard of different shape ports make different kind of power? I'm sure you have Steve, you are a very knowledgable guy. Yet, sometimes I sit back and wonder how clouded your judgement gets when you do not aggree 100% with something. I guess that is a good thing, and a bad thing.
Now, didn't you tell me there was snow on the ground, how bout I come up, and we go ride the sleds for a day, and never even touch a stupid a$$ computer.

Greg @ CWR has looked at the pics, has spoken to Smitty, and the whole deal seems to be resolved.

cannondale27

#46 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by Derno24
I'll take a stab at this one ******.  From what I remember from talking to Chris is the quad was hard to start and he went in found the decomp was broke.  This wasn't hidden from anyone heck even CWR admitted what happened.  ****** fixed it and is using it.  What is there to hide.  

I think people need to chill.  Just cause one head doesn't look like the other doesn't mean they aren't making power.  Bigger holes don't=most HP otherwise we should all go get our heads custom made with 20" ports.

What is this?

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by ******
Maybe...Yes DAB did do a good job, did they fix what WWE did or did they take it just a little too far? maybe maybe not see it on the dunes. Glad it's working for ya sand.

And this

cannondale27

#48 Post by cannondale27 »

Originally posted by ******
It's been proven that Dyno results and real world power differences are totaly different. dynos are only good for setting an AFR to on the machine power Ill stick with tuning to beat a guy around a track. now go sit down and try to find ways to say bad things about other people doing different then the "R&D team". The third site seems to be a place to vent unless you don't agree with certain people. I heard you fit right in there .

And this

cannondale27

#49 Post by cannondale27 »

My sled is a triple piped powervalve 700 it is made to go fast.Do I need it heck no.Do I want it Heck yes!Quit seeing what you want to see Haydug

PeeWee

#50 Post by PeeWee »

The soap opera continues........:rotf