I hate to bring this up but ......

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
thedeatons

#41 Post by thedeatons »

I called Red Line and spoke with the engineers, they specifically recommend Lightweight Shockproof for our trannys... FYI

Kuma

#42 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (HouserCannondale @ Jan 27 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as transmission oil goes, RedLine is now making a variant of their ShockProof oils that is designed specifically for motorcycle and atv transmissions.

Here is the link for the gear oil. http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlub...mp;categoryID=6

I'm using the shock proof in mine but redline does say should not be used with pumps and filters, anyone ever had issues using redline trans oil?

ShockProof???? Gear Oil

A unique lubricant containing a suspension of solid microscopic particles as an extreme pressure agent--unique solid dispersion which cushions gear teeth to help prevent tooth breakage and allows the use of lower viscosities.

Acting like a liquid grease, the viscosity characteristics of ShockProof???? allow the lubricants to resist throwoff and provide the protection of a greater film thickness with relatively light fluid viscosity, offering a "best of both worlds" balance of low drag and superior protection.

ShockProof???? products work in a variety of differential and transmissions, however, should not be used with pumps, filters, and with small lines--these fluids are designed wet sump or splash type lubrication.

thedeatons

#43 Post by thedeatons »

No issues, and the engineers knew our trannys...

rayspeed

#44 Post by rayspeed »

I never had a problem with the redline shock proof, tho I think it is a little on the thick side. Thinner oils pump better and faster with less drag and cool better.
I recently switched to Rotella synthetic on both sides mostly because I am cheap! That is the best synthetic out there for the money that can be used in both sides IMHO.

Ray

thedeatons

#45 Post by thedeatons »

I agree about Rotella T (Blue Jug) being the best, however I notice a difference when used in the tranny, feels notchier, not nearly as smooth....