Tranny losing fluids

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Crazie

#41 Post by Crazie »

Cool...I'll give that a shot and see what turns up. Thanks.

Kuma

#42 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (Crazie @ Sep 12 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, that was weird. I posted after Boomer but somehow my post showed up before it...hmm.

Look again laugh.gif

Crazie

#43 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (Kuma @ Sep 12 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Look again laugh.gif

It was the one before that one. I read Claas and Boomers' posts then I replied and my reply ended up between both their posts.

Claas.......I ran the pressure test again. Without admitting exactly what I was doing wrong, let's just say I got it to show the leak. Very obvious, and I hosed it down to inspect for leaks elsewhere but the crack is the only one.

I'm uploading a video now...will update when it's finished.

Done... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzINdqhY91w

Canniboomer

#44 Post by Canniboomer »

Double bummer....now I see it's the Yellowjacket Case that AZCannon had powdercoated.

claas900

#45 Post by claas900 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Sep 12 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Double bummer....now I see it's the Yellowjacket Case that AZCannon had powdercoated.

Yeah I agree,bummer cracked case even worse with one pc. I have a feeling I'm going to be going threw this in the near future also. Sucks.

cannondale27

#46 Post by cannondale27 »

Looking at your pics I dont see the transplate locating dowels either.Are they missing?

cannondale27

#47 Post by cannondale27 »

QUOTE (claas900 @ Sep 12 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure why the spec on that one cam lobe would be so large? Valve tighten up not loosen up. I'm going to stress doing the test again. If the case is cracked by that bolt hole odds are your going to get motor oil into the tranny and not tranny oil into the motor. One of the few ways to get tranny oil into the motor is from the scavenger pump sucking it out of the tranny, or a crack way down low on the case and it leaking over wile parked.
I think you should really find the problem before you tear it apart? It's going to suck to put it back together and still have this same problem. Because in the end no matter what your going to find the problem, mine as well find it now and not later.
I know online makes it hard and I mean no offense but I'd like to see some pics of your test set up? Because the test is pretty successful and 99% should turn up the problem.

Sticking bucket?

Crazie

#48 Post by Crazie »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Sep 15 2009, 06:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looking at your pics I dont see the transplate locating dowels either.Are they missing?

They aren't there...they shattered to pieces. Those (plus the pieces from the tranny plate broken mount) are in the pic of the plate bolts.

As for the valves, I'll have to wait until I take the head apart (or at least start on it) to find out if the buckets are sticking.

I did see a thread from a long time ago where AzCannon was using a home brew method (that was later said to be a bad way of doing it) to grind the buckets down, so that could be part of the issue.

moto440

#49 Post by moto440 »

what are you going to do with the case? i would be interested in trying to fix it if you dont have use for it. i know peterock has a good hydro case i traded him a while back too if you need one.

Crazie

#50 Post by Crazie »

Well, I'm out of town for the next two weeks. If anything, I'll probably try to get it repaired and keep it as a spare. It all depends on what the other case I have looks like.