Air box mod

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
FUGITV

#41 Post by FUGITV »

i didnt feel like tryin to use the stock fuel line so i ran all new 1/4 aeroquip high pressure line. those dam things take almost 10 feet to get plumbed up:(

i had to do nothing to my wiring harness as well. the wires are all long enough if you take the time to unravel some of the mess in the stock form.

i promise ill go out tonight and take pics of all my stuff:drink:

FUGITV

#42 Post by FUGITV »

here we go.........the only wiring i changed was i made new leads from the battery to the relay, and then to the starter. i just bought a set of jumper cables to get some good heavy wire to handle the load.

FUGITV

#43 Post by FUGITV »

one mo

FUGITV

#44 Post by FUGITV »

close up of the throttle body

cdalemx301

#45 Post by cdalemx301 »

how are you holding the air filter too the throttle body did you have to custum build a unit or will it directly mount

FUGITV

#46 Post by FUGITV »

i trimmed the flange off the velocity stack so that it slides just inside the air filter neck, and then tighten it all on the throttle body with a hose clamp

don't worry, it won't come off - i've raced with it, trail rode with it, crashed with it and it hasn't moved:head:

cdalerider75

#47 Post by cdalerider75 »

Next time you clean your air filter, please take more pic's.... Also have you changed the amount of time between cleans?? One last question what did you do with the tube and any other items that connect to the air box??

In the end would you do the same mod again?? Was it worth it??

Canniboomer

#48 Post by Canniboomer »

I've been doing the mods with a bigger K&N filter, straight cone
with a larger diameter intake and no need to cut the inlet boot... but it includes a solid adapter-mount -- similar style as Abbotts, but all under cover -- as for frequency, even a dirty K&N lasts a long time, much longer than a same-size foam before required changes, and you can always opt for an outerwear or foam sleeve, for ANY riding conditions. On mine the Sensor is left intact and shrouded, and air line is also left about the same with some extension -- by the time you remove your lower airbox, you will probably find that the OEM air lines are cracked anyway, and several cables are being rubbed raw by your steering clamp. Overall yes, a very worthwhile effort with good clean results.

FUGITV

#49 Post by FUGITV »

my whole setup only cost me about 18 for the filter and 12 for the outerwaer. far better than 100 for something 'custom' made. i would definately do it again, and have had it done for over 7 months with ZERO PROBLEMS:head:

cdalerider75

#50 Post by cdalerider75 »

Photos...photos....photos please!!! Also what maps are you running....

breather & sensor what do they do, how do they have a neg or pos effect...

How do you know that the breather and sensor is doing after the mod... sorry for all the questions, just don't know that much about these components....