HDC 450 vs. WWE "Designed" 450?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
DangerRanger

#41 Post by DangerRanger »

******....ie it still runs...and runs strong. It just needs a better rider...did I mention anything about me smoking the competition??
I don't own her as of a few weeks ago...but the new owner has been grinning ear to ear. And I will have Diamond build whatever I acquire soon.....

EDIT...BMW

DangerRanger

#42 Post by DangerRanger »

**EDIT** Meek, I hope it was a friendly joke......:confused:

thomez

#43 Post by thomez »

TOO FUNNY!

Originally posted by DangerRanger
******....ie it still runs...and runs strong. It just needs a better rider...did I mention anything about me smoking the competition??

I need to head to PA hear soon anyways...maybe for diamond dale 2 and 3.  diamond dale 1 is still smoking the competetion.

glamister

#44 Post by glamister »

Holly molly did you guys see all those ATKs! well did ya....did ya...did ya:)

DangerRanger

#45 Post by DangerRanger »

I must say...I enjoy having fun and riding is part of that. I have a job that pays the bills, and a fun family...being first I could care less about. I can hold my own..but choose fun over killing myself...besides racing will never pay the bills!!

FT=too funny.

Diamond dale 1 and my own self...are two different items...

See ****...see ***** fast quad...see **** ride fast quad slow...make sense now? PS I am ****.

Man I never should have sold any of the dales I had....

cheetah5431

#46 Post by cheetah5431 »

When the season is up...I will have a deal worked out for ya.  I talked to Grandpa Wink for ya...and Thomez...do you ever say anything positive about anyone??

Oh I can only imagine the possibilities.smile.gif

Rx440

#47 Post by Rx440 »

If the guy who bought your quad wants to join the site I hope he does then he will learn the truth and find out how some of us got royaly screwed on these cranks...only after a bunch of guys made a fuss about it this "expert" stepped up and helped these guys who got only 5 LAPS OR LESS out of thier quads.

:confused: OK, everyone.......just want to clear up one point on this issue. I don't post much (I am quite a bit older than the majority of members of the site - and thus less comfortable with the whole "posting on the forum" thing), but visit this site VERY regularly for all the excellent information to keep both my Dales running like the beasts they were meant to be.

Yes, I bought Ben's quad, but did so with full knowledge of the potential issues associated with running a "built" motor from ANY of the shops performing this type of modification. It was a risk I was willing to take to experience the increase in performance. My decision was based largely on the fact that the motor had enough hours on it to indicate to me that it was free from any issue that causes the "early" motor failures. So far my 450 motor has performed flawlessly for both harescramble racing and recreational riding. The only time I experienced a problem (not motor related) with the quad, one quick phone call to Ben had my problem diagnosed and had me going again. I truly feel bad for any owner who has had a failure related to faulty parts or workmanship in a modified motor and hope that the shop doing the work would stand behind their product. We all know that this is not always the case. I can only relate what my personal experience has been so far.

Meek

#48 Post by Meek »

**EDIT** Meek, I hope it was a friendly joke......:confused:
If we were friends, you could call it a friendly joke. :rotf
If you spent more time on the seat, not under the quad your lap times would get a lot better:ride:

DangerRanger

#49 Post by DangerRanger »

******...what Winky found was another problem he never anticipated...which has happened to alot of builders...the difference is he is trying to make it right before making a mistake a second time. The crank in my bike was brand spanking new, it was cleaned and checked out, bearinged, then reassembled...and do you know why I got it so quick? I showed up at his house and his son and I did the work, while Wink supervised and worked on other people's stuff. I talked to John last night, and they are finished with testing. If Winky was smart he would fix the few he has left, send em out...and walk away. But they crazy man won't settle till he gets it right. I live in the land of prototypes and R and D...I know how he feels. We try to fix and idea..and wind up making it worse..or just the same. ALOT OF $$$$ is spent, but in the end it goes 110%. ATK cranks are failing now...6 that I know of. I have seen an WWE failure, 1 Winky crank, Trinity motor, and plenty of stock failures...so no one is perfect right now. $600 out for winky is a **** of alot better than than guys with the $2k ATK update........

I for one don't know why anyone would ever offer to work on the dale motors...you are doomed from the start. NO ONE has built all their motors flawless... Cdale is the only one who could fix this entirely..but they are no longer.

and Bob..thank you!

*edit* Thomez...let me see what I can do! I know 2 are the "updated" leftovers, one was a user installed...the other few were supposedly 04's under warranty. I am waiting the verdict from wolf on those 3. I hope the guys will tell it like it is, rather than worry their warranty won't be honored down the road....

thomez

#50 Post by thomez »

I would like to see pics or names of 6 ATK crank failures.