humm confused...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cannondale27

#51 Post by cannondale27 »

I wonder how many motors have been ruined by the scavenger pump seizing?Usually its the decomp pieces but tranny filter also can strip the gears.Shame.Were the cams still good?

Z4J

#52 Post by Z4J »

Cams looks good.

speedracer

#53 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 21 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder how many motors have been ruined by the scavenger pump seizing?Usually its the decomp pieces but tranny filter also can strip the gears.Shame.Were the cams still good?
So I guess I was lucky when my gear broke in half it was plastic and not metal?

cannondale27

#54 Post by cannondale27 »

Actually it really doesnt matter.In the case of the tranny filter.Metal gears may help a bit but if the pump seizes from debris it wont matter metal or plastic they both will shear or the pin will then no oil and destroyed motor.Only thing is magnets to catch debris or a sight glass to hopefully spot lack of flow before its to late.I highly reccomend the trann plug mod I came up with but even then you still have to be sure filter is in place properly.Decomp is just a matter of keeping it tight and hoping it doesnt break.Always wanted some type of warning light like others have.

ScramblerXLE

#55 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Z4J bro that sucks! I was hopin' you'd be runnin it at a couple scrambles this yeat :S Well good luck getting it back together...

Z4J

#56 Post by Z4J »

Good to hear from you Walt. This could have been patched together fairly inexpensively, but I want to do it right. No big mod's just some nice upgrades to make it run for some time to come. The little guy (baby) is keeping me plenty busy so the build is going a bit slow. I'll be back out there again though as I want you to show me what you've learned since I've been away.
Best of luck and and always have fun.