Motors back in but won't start

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
djmc

#61 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by GDITheman
mine will act like yours if i'm too lean in the winter. mine hates the northern Mi winters and can be a real ***** to start if it's under 40 deg and every 10 deg lower it gets even harder. the last time i ran mine a couple weeks ago i had my flow down to about 2100 on a 468 stroker engine. when mine is lean it will back fire when trying to start. i'm willing to bet it could be some tweaking of the setting and cleaning plugs in between every couple tries if you start on the rich side. what is your flow and offset that you are trying now?

I did try tweaking the settings(see earlier part of this thread) but it did not change anything. I have tried variOus throttle positions as well. The quad is stored ia garage at 65 degrees so the weather should
not effect it much.

TricityCdale

#62 Post by TricityCdale »

I am currently experiencing the exact same problem. I just had my head completely gone through by Cord and put everything back together and it won't start. It actually did fire once for about 1 second, but after that, it just cranks and cranks.

From past experience, I put a compression gauge on it and it won't even register. Before I was told that with the decomp lever on there, it should be around 45 psi. Before I took it apart and had the valves replaced, it was reading about 30 psi, and still wouldn't start.

I have not had a chance to talk to Cord about it yet, but it seems like the valves must not be closing all the way, or one might be stuck. Is there any way to check without pulling the motor?

cannondale27

#63 Post by cannondale27 »

I normally get around 80psi when doing a compression test.

djmc

#64 Post by djmc »

My compression gauge does not have an adapter as small as our plug size. Does anyone know how many millimeters it is so I can order one?