Timing issue

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
quadsourcemark

#91 Post by quadsourcemark »

QUOTE (quadsourcemark @ Mar 7 2009, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes I measured them all. I used my Blackberry for the photos. My camera is MIA!

Thanks,
Mark

Ok its running again. I replaced the whole decomp assembly. I have pics of the old assembly. You'll notice in the pictures the gap between the backing plate and counter weight. Was this the Problem? I can only assume since it showed 70psi of compression on the bench after I changed it. Almost 30psi with the old assembly. It fired right up in the chassis.

I want to thank everyone for there help tongue.gif

Mark

cannondale27

#92 Post by cannondale27 »

That decomp is very shot.Wore and in this pic it looks like the pin in the barrel is either really bent or installed backwards in barrel.The barrel which contacts bucket is not in right position-vs-the wieght.Congratulations!
[attachment=8202:post_207...59_thumb.jpg]

quadsourcemark

#93 Post by quadsourcemark »

[quote name='cannondale27' date='Mar 13 2009, 12:00 PM' post='203877']
That decomp is very shot.Wore and in this pic it looks like the pin in the barrel is either really bent or installed backwards in barrel.The barrel which contacts bucket is not in right position-vs-the wieght.Congratulations!
[attachment=8202:post_207...59_thumb.jpg]

That pic is the new decomp assembly. The first three pics are the old decomp assembly. The pics are fuzzy but it's assembled correctly. It starts normal and has loads of power! I ran it today for a half hour. No issues so far.

Thanks again,
Mark

cannondale27

#94 Post by cannondale27 »

Cool.Must just be the angle of the pic.