Injector A & B open fault??

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
jacobw

Injector A & B open fault??

#1 Post by jacobw »

The dm reads on injector a and b open fualt the wires are hooed up to the injectors does this mean the injectors are bad or what???

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

No not normally.Usually means there isnt a good connection.

jacobw

#3 Post by jacobw »

that is what I thought cannondale27 do you remember when I thought seths atk was the coolant sensor well this is what the dm kit read when we hooked it up what do you suggest to fix this problem? some electrical grease and make sure they are hooked good?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes, but sometimes this fault shows up on perfectly running quads then goes away.

jacobw

#5 Post by jacobw »

hmm this is the one that spits and sputters and misses when is starts to warm up then wont run. So what do I do check to make sure all connections are good and tight?

Powers

#6 Post by Powers »

The problem is your fuel pump or fuel pressure. If you check it immidiate after it stall it will first say fuel pump open fault and then change to injector a b open fault. Mine did the same and my fuel pump was losing pressure. as the bike is on running temp the fuel pump is hot and has no pressure and then the system dies. Check your fuel pressure. I replaced my pump and problem solved.smile.gif

jacobw

#7 Post by jacobw »

this one has the relocated msd fuel pump you think a plugged fuel filter can do this???

Powers

#8 Post by Powers »

It is definitly not electrical. Before I solved my problem I replaced the ecu, throttle body, injectors, coil, relay, etc and the problem was definitely fuel. I battled for three weeks to solve this.

jacobw

#9 Post by jacobw »

so prob the fuel pump or the fuel filter you think one not working or the other one clogged. I blew through the fuel filter and it blew through but its seemed like it took just a small amount of force to blow thorugh not alot just a little but is seems new ones blow easier than that. It cranks over but it will not run at the moment my brother ran the battery down.

Powers

#10 Post by Powers »

go to a spares shop and get a pressure gauge and T this into your fuel system at the outlet of the pump on the hose that go to the fuel pressure regulator and watch as it warm up the pressure will drop. as it come to 0.8 bar the engine will die. the pressure got to stay constant at about 4 bar.