What to do with old crank?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Zerotact

What to do with old crank?

#1 Post by Zerotact »

I was talking with a dealer, and he told me he still had a crank from and engine that siezed on the top end.He offered to give it to me. But what is the best thing to do with it? What does it cost to get one of these re-built? If it's worth something I'll get it, if not I'll let them keep it in thier scrap bin

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Grab it.Especially if free.Just would have to have it split to find out what is wrong if anything with it.That doesnt cost much from locals or free from me.If rod is good you can have a Z400 bearing put in from numerous people for under a $100.If rod and pin are shot you would have to get them replaced from Timbo.Either way never throw out the cranks.Gears on them are needed for Falicons and Timbo can always use more cores.

Zerotact

#3 Post by Zerotact »

who knows if the crank itself had anything wrong with it, the motor seazed. and the shop owner sent it to ATK. Evidentally the piston siezed in the jug. So the crank should still spin, I don't know about the rod, because they had to cut the piston off of it to get the crank out. I'll try to pick it up next time I am over there.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

Send it to Timbo, if nothing else, you know it is in good hands. I send all of mine to him, hopefully, before long, he & I will be able to stock a rebuilt crank, which will help us all out in the long run.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

Good answer^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^