MDS fuel pump

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
daredevild

MDS fuel pump

#1 Post by daredevild »

Just wondering where to get this MDS fuel pump and what is the advantage over the stock one. Thanks for the info.

Zerotact

#2 Post by Zerotact »

It's an automotive aftermarket part..
And shop that sells hi performance car parts should carry it or be able to get one..
It' benefit, is that it works and is easier than locate than a stock one, when you need a fuel pump.

fred

#3 Post by fred »

Info found in other posts:

part number MSD-2225 - enter into the search bar at http://www.summitracing.com/

I believe that you will need different connectors...

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The electrical connectors are the same but you will need larger high pressure hose.

Exodus

#5 Post by Exodus »

Since Jeff chimed in and I know he's got one, I have a question about this to. Does that fuel pump have the banjo bolts like ours? I have a stock version and where it is mounted, I'm going to need a right angle to hook up the hoses. It is mounted under what would be the filter tray in front of the steering stem, its a snug fit, so the hoses need to be on a right angle to it. Is there any other fuel pumps that fit the bill other than that particular one?

JeffQuadShop

#6 Post by JeffQuadShop »

They come with straight barbed fittings but I'm sure you can find a 90 degree fitting that would fit.

Exodus

#7 Post by Exodus »

Thanks Jeff

GDITheman

#8 Post by GDITheman »

i have not been able to find a 90 deg fitting that replaces the straight fitting on the pump inlet. if you do find one, let me know.

thanks

zoommx

#9 Post by zoommx »

If its a pipe thread, I've seen them at Ace hardware in the plumbing section.

GDITheman

#10 Post by GDITheman »

if it was a simple brass fitting, i'd have 3 by now. it looks like a big AN fitting, but no one at any of the auto parts stores had any idea what it was. no one had anything that could thread onto it. MSD has no idea what size the threads or fitting is since the pump is made for them by someone else. in fact, they were surprised to hear i had removed the fitting. it is supposed to be epoxied on so that it will not come off. if it does come off, it's supposed to break the plastic on the pump. well, mine came right off.

so, please someone find a fitting for this **** pump.