wont run......

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kbrown

wont run......

#1 Post by kbrown »

Well I have a brand new motor built by happyboy with a timbo crank and all updates. I put it back together and it ran great. The other day I let my buddy take it for a little ride and he made it 30 yards away and it died... Im stumped...so I 1. put a new plug in it..thought maybe the first new one was bad so I put another new one in it and dried all the excess gas. 2.New fuel filter and cleaned air filter... I just dont understand what could keep it from starting.. It backfires and almost starts but nothing.. I dont have a d&m but happyboy set up the whole bike so its prolly not the motor or settings{as most of u know he knows his ****}. Um the only other problem I can think is maybe stator shot or my 02 wire got close to my pipe and melted the little ends a little...If anyone would be so kind to help me I would appreciate it greatly...lol good thing this is the wildest untame beast of a ride I have ridden or I would of alredy sold it,but I guess thats what all of us cannondale guys have in common.. happyboy I would have called but forgot ur #... and by the way its equiped with engine ice so you cant blame that lol....

quadprorider

#2 Post by quadprorider »

Try turning up the idle screw and see what that does.

Also, make sure your battery is FULLY charged.

Then pull the side cover off and check to make sure the stator wires are not rubbed through.

If it still won't start CALL HAPPYBOY!!!!!!! But, until then good luck!

quadprorider

#3 Post by quadprorider »

Also, check ALL of your connections.

Clean the battery cables with some light sanding. Hope this helps!

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Did Happyboy put one of his fixed flywheels in it? Better check that too if he didn't. Make sure the keyway is lined up with the C in Cannondale.

Happyboy

#5 Post by Happyboy »

number is 501-730-1047....So, it just cranks but won't fire up huh? Hmmmm.....and no, no fixed flywheel in there. So, that would be a good item to look at.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by Happyboy
number is 501-730-1047....So, it just cranks but won't fire up huh?  Hmmmm.....and no, no fixed flywheel in there.  So, that would be a good item to look at.

Thats exactly what mine did on the first flywheel spin.

Happyboy

#7 Post by Happyboy »

I talked to him on the phone...he is going to check the flywheel and if its good then he is going to tweak the idle screw. It could have just backed out some. All else fails....looks like he will be driving to conway! smile.gif

DALE450

#8 Post by DALE450 »

LETS HOPE MINE DONT TURN OUT LIKE KORYS LOL I WISH MINE WAS DONE ALREDY:mad: LOL BUT I THINK IT IS WORTH THE WAIT SO HURRY UP HAPPY I AM REDY TO RIDE SOMETHING WITH A LITTLE BIT OF POWER:eek:

Happyboy

#9 Post by Happyboy »

You Hot Springs boys are hard on quads!!!

They are trying to convince all of their friends to get dales!! They have 2 there now and if Whoamack would stop trading quads he may get a cannondale also. lol, now they just have to learn how to work on them.

kbrown

#10 Post by kbrown »

lol ya we try to ride a little but mostly wreck and tear **** up... hey I guess thats what there for. I cant wait to get this thing running and on a moto track... dont worry I have faith in my happpyboy...lol got meachanic....and im learning.. need a d@m though...thanks for all help