white smoke :o

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
JMaN05

white smoke :o

#1 Post by JMaN05 »

first, i buy my cannondale...ten minutes after the sprocket falls off, then i get a new bolt for the sprocket and the battery is dead, and then i fix the battery and i start the quad and it is blowing white smoke!!!! what is this?? anyone have and ideas and what is wrong with this quad? and if this is an easy fix? can i do it or do i have to get it done?? cost?

quadprorider

#2 Post by quadprorider »

Did you tilt it up or something? In your sig, why do you have next to your Cannondale it says gay? Sounds kinda childish to me?

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

this happens sometimes, I forgot what causes it, but I believe you just have to change the oil, amke sure it is filled with the correct amount (1.5qts) and then just run it, it should stop smoking.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by quadprorider
Did you tilt it up or something? In your sig, why do you have next to your Cannondale it says gay? Sounds kinda childish to me?

Too much KY in the tailpipe?

sad.gif

banzairx7

#5 Post by banzairx7 »

Does it smell like coolant or oil?

quadprorider

#6 Post by quadprorider »

KY now has the stuff that has a warm sensation!

JMaN05

#7 Post by JMaN05 »

smells like oil...it is white smoke and i dont knwo waht caused it...it just happened all of a sudden.

so you are saying tha ta simple cahnge of the oil will fix that??

and what is KY??(besides kentucky)

cdalemx301

#8 Post by cdalemx301 »

JmaN how old are you?

cdrider02

#9 Post by cdrider02 »

The check valve in the oil pump could have stuck and let the oil from the frame drain into the sump. It may only happen once or it may keep doing it. Check the oil with the dipstick and look all the way around because it can get wiped on one side by mistake and make you think that you have more oil than you really do. If it is not even on the stick and it was the last time you checked then drain the sump it is probably all in there, and if all of it didn't drain to the sump then by running the engine the scavenge pump should catch up and move it all back to the frame. Also look in the dipstick hole when you start it you should see oil flowing withing a few seconds of starting, if you don't it could have a pump problem.

jesshamner

#10 Post by jesshamner »

If it has been sitting a while it will smoke a little on start up. The oil seeps into the cylinder after sitting or being stood up or both.