screwed

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rhyme4youth90

screwed

#1 Post by rhyme4youth90 »

My friend bought an 02 cannibal yesterday and last night when we tried to ride we got about a mile and ahalf and it died on him he tried t start it up again and the battery died. we went home charged the battery and started it this morning with a little trouble but we got it running without giving it any gas so we took it and got about 50 yards and it started cutting out and died. He could fire it up but it wouldnt stay running and finaly the battery ran down again so we had to push it back to his garage. He thinks he might have gotten bad gas last night or the gas that was already in the tank was bad when he got it. we are hoping it is nothing major cause everyone told him not to get a c-dale and he wants to prove them wrong. so if you can please help!

c41xracer

#2 Post by c41xracer »

sounds like a crack coil, my friend had the same problem and thats what was wrong with his

Derno24

#3 Post by Derno24 »

If the battery is dying while riding it is either the stator or the rectifier. If the battery is dying due to over cranking the motor then start with the basics like fuel, fuel filter, check all conections and such.

rhyme4youth90

crack coil?

#4 Post by rhyme4youth90 »

WTF is a crack coil? sorry for my ignorance. and it is dying to over cranking.

rhyme4youth90

updates

#5 Post by rhyme4youth90 »

i know this is totally off the subject but what exactly are all the updates that need to be fixed we know about the bolt coming loose but we are in the dark about what a level 8 is and the piston update.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...pdates+AND+z400

That contains a list of suggested updates. They all may not be necessary in some people's eyes but they are good insurance against major problems. Tell your buddy to get on here and check the site out.

Where did he get the cannondale? Maybe a site member?

rhyme4youth90

#7 Post by rhyme4youth90 »

He got it from a guy in amarillo Tx. when he was riding it around the gys house it ran fine. the guy seemed like he knew his stuff. we would call him but he left to go on a trip this morning and wont be back for a few weeks.

cdalerider75

#8 Post by cdalerider75 »

Did your friend buy a D&M with the quad? A D&M kit is a trouble shooting helper and tunning device that connects between a laptop or desktop and the quad.

What I would do is purchase (if you don't own) a digital volt meter, hook it up between the pos terminal of the battery and the frame of the bike. When you start the bike look to see what the voltage looks like shouldn't drop below 12volts.

rhyme4youth90

update

#9 Post by rhyme4youth90 »

we drained the gas and have put in new gas and it seems to be working fine. he is in the proccess of puting the plastic back on as i speak i will let yall know if it runs fine once we get it out of the garage.

rhyme4youth90

bad news

#10 Post by rhyme4youth90 »

ok we gt the plastic back on and rode it for about 50 yards and it died again. my friend finaly gave up and is calling his friend that is a meachanic