still not running

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

still not running

#1 Post by chigger81 »

Today I got my hotwire coil put on. (to refresh your memory, I re-built the bike with a timbo stroker and could not get it to run, I decided I had a short so I replaced the coil with a hotwire system. Ive already had the motor off once to check timing) It sparks nice and bright on the head. I took my throtle body off again and Im still spraying fuel. I put it all together and tried it. NOTHING. I took the throtle body off and turned it over and I got poping from the exaust and a large flame or two. I put it back together, nothing but the sound of cranking it over.

Are the pops and flames a good sign? Do I need to adjust my idle/fuel settings?

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Did you change ECU to a stroker-optimized map? If not, you might want to send the ECU off to a stroker-map guru, or yes try turning up the idle screw for start-sake.
The hotwire coil itself will always start-up a previously "running" motor, and maybe need some minor extra fuel, but not a huge amount of adjustment. You still have same problem as before, just with a better spark. Is it a new tight piston also?, maybe not getting enough fuel your new motor?, or not quite enough battery oomph?.. somebody will post here in morning, see ya!

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

oof...that sucks....i guess you are going to be sending that coil back to me? smile.gif

Only thing that comes to mind is that you have said it was out of time to begin with. Maybe you have the timeing messed up or a bent valve?

Sucks to think that...but it sounds like you have done all the simple stuff.

claas900

#4 Post by claas900 »

..If the bike has never ran sents you put it back togher then i bet it is your cam timeing,or maybe a valve is bent?

chigger81

#5 Post by chigger81 »

I will get your coil sent out tomorrow happy. Would adjusting that screw on my ECU help at all? I havent fiddled with it yet.

Happyboy

#6 Post by Happyboy »

yeah, i would turn it clockwise just a little....bad thing is that you don't have a mc1000 ECU to hook up to. sad.gif best of luck man.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

Still MC500??? did not realize, and have not yet heard of an MC500 stroker yet, but why not?... Do you have the required mil tool?

Has anybody out there done it successfully without the MIL/EUF tool? any thoughts?