How to: Help!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
twisted

How to: Help!

#1 Post by twisted »

I need to get to the corroded valve cover, Gary (cdale_racer) sent me some pics, but silly me forgot where I put them, I know you have to remove the gas-tank and that its close to the sparkplug, anyone have a how to on this?

twisted

#2 Post by twisted »

Found the pic, I know where it is around, but dont know what Im doing exsactly.

cdalepilot

#3 Post by cdalepilot »

****** plans on putting a how to thread on this, maybe he will chim in and go ahead and hook you up. i would like to know also.

twisted

#4 Post by twisted »

Ok, dug into my motor, took off the cap thingie that cdaleracer told me to take off, there is a plastic impeller, it doesnt move, but its porbably drive by the motor or sumthing. Here are 2 pic's, let em know what to do next.

twisted

#5 Post by twisted »

Thank's ******, im still a little confused, so I gave up tonight, I took off the gas tank, the shock brace, cdi and alotm of the plumbing is unhooked for better access, I took off the sidecover and I gave up. So I gotta take the impellar off? then what?

twisted

#6 Post by twisted »

Thanks ******, so I take that off and then the valve covers are right there?

twisted

#7 Post by twisted »

Ohh, im scared sad.gif

twisted

#8 Post by twisted »

thanks ******, Im about 34's done, still ened to get like 2-3 bolts out from under the frame brace and beside the spar.

Once I get this cover off, what do I do, and when I try to take the impellar off, it feels like its gonna break, any ideas?

twisted

#9 Post by twisted »

I already ordered a powercoated one from canniboomer, I'll pass on the impeler right now, (too poor).

Got some new pics, what next?

twisted

#10 Post by twisted »

Yup, impeller is fine, I didnt have any trouble getting the cover off, I think im gonna have a fun time putting everything back together...sad.gif