02 header..

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
magzZ28

02 header..

#1 Post by magzZ28 »

ive been searching through these forums and see a lot of posts about the 02 header and the early 02 crank being better than later year cannidales. i havent found posts about why they are better. i do have knowledge about quads and dirtbikes, i can see why the crank may be better (with the bearing situation) but does the 02 header clear plastic or the frame better? just wanna be filled in lol. thanks guys

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

The 02 crank seems to be better in balance only. It doesn't seem to have as many fast failures but it still has that wonderfull bearing in it that likes to eat the rod and pin.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

The 02 headpipe may or may not produce more peak power.I did a dyno comparison once but they also had different slip ons 02 had more power in that run.So in future will do a dyno run with same slipons and 02and 03 headpipe.Bad thing about 02 headpipe is that it is awful close to oil line at back of motor.03 is further away which is good.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

The 03 header looks exactly like the HMF header. I have no data to prove either is better flowing but I wouldn't think that Hans with use an inferior pipe. I would love to see some dyno runs to prove me wrong though. Its much easier to use that 02 header that I have instead of modifying the 03 header to fit.