Clutch problems

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
bpoppapumpd

Clutch problems

#1 Post by bpoppapumpd »

hello, my problem is that i was out riding on sat and i went to go up a hill and right in the middle of the hill my clutch cable snapped and then had to drive it home power shifting. i wen t slow and kept it in 3rd but when i got home i also realized that the clutch lever on the motor does not have any tention on it. it use to spring back and not it moves free.

what can be wrong in the motor if anything? and where can i get a clutch cable?

thanks
chuck

Idahocannibal

#2 Post by Idahocannibal »

I've broke quite a few clutch cables, should be able to get them from any of the site sponsors or check ebay. There was a guy on there that had quite a few a little while back. When you get a new one make sure to lube it alot. With the no tension on the lever on the motor, it should have a little bit of freeplay then stop, you won't be able to move it anymore with just your hands. Everything should still be fine.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes you are probably just noticing the freeplay the cable takes up.If I remember right a Honda 300 Foreman cable works.Might want to try that since they seem to be wound tighter.I gave a buddy of mine a Cannondale cable which he used on his 400ex but I believe we had to remove the sheetmetal cover on the one end.So maybe one of those will work also.

Easy E

#4 Post by Easy E »

Canniboomer has the clutch cables on hand.