help me

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
millermanbg

1/4 throttle death

#1 Post by millermanbg »

i just bought a blaze form a guy and it doesnt want to run about 1/4 throttle it dies or if you slap it it will die i have put numerous plugs let it idle for minuets i check the oil it was over full changed it to the proper amout but can make it run right he screwed me if any one has any idea to help that would be great thanks Brian Grode

cdrider02

#2 Post by cdrider02 »

Start with the basics, does it have good return flow to the tank? Is the pump making a whining noise? If so it is either being starved for fuel or is pulling air in past a loose clamp or through a pin hole in the line somewhere between the tank and the pump. I don't know if all of the stock fuel line was bad but some of it was notorious for leaking, a friend and myself got a C440 running and it looked like a lawn sprinkler.The fuel disconnects could be starving it for fuel if the o-rings are deteriorated, there several threads on here that talk about repairing these fittings/o-rings.

Psychosis

#3 Post by Psychosis »

Do you have a D&M kit? If not, I suggest you invest in one. Sounds like it needs to be dialed in a little bit.

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

the first thing it needs is a throttle cal. That should fix it right up. Next would be the coil. Check it for fire, if it isn't a bright blue, then I would swap that out. Aftet that, go over all of your connections, and check all grounds, especially the ground on the inside bolt of the fuel pump regulator, they tend to loosen, but feel tight with your hands, so put a wrench on it.

comander420

#5 Post by comander420 »

Mine did the same exact thing when one of the injector wires fell off, took a while to get it back on so the clip would make it stay, the little metal retainer had gotten cocked kind of croked

millermanbg

thanks for the help

#6 Post by millermanbg »

It turned out you were right the injector wire were lose thanks so much for the help i appreciate it.

comander420

#7 Post by comander420 »

Once you put them on you should try to tug them off to make sure they are on. If they come off the metal retainer isn't in the right spot and you will have to adjust it. Then once they stay just push them on farther for a tight fit. If you don't get them on right they will fall off again.

comander420

#8 Post by comander420 »

It's funny your name is Brian, I just sold my blaze to a guy named Brian. Was it you??

millermanbg

blaze

#9 Post by millermanbg »

i bought my from a guy in iowa so i dont think so

bspblaster

#10 Post by bspblaster »

commander420, I bought your blaze. Awsome quad!!!