map selection

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
cdaleman440

map selection

#1 Post by cdaleman440 »

Im ew at the map selecting and im having a +2 stroker crank put in my motor and i need to have my ECU changed from what ive been told. ive heard people like the xs440 i think.But im having the ECU sent to Randy Brandit and i think hes sending it to Haydug or Durno but i want more bottom end is there a way to change this
thanks

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#2 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

The "animals128" map works very well with a stroker AND ported head.smile.gif

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

that is the only drawback to the stroker, only 2 maps out there, but the good thing is the animals map pulls awsome all the way through so you really don't need another map.

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by ANIMALSCANNIBAL
The "animals128" map works very well with a stroker AND ported head.smile.gif

Is that map posted here somewhere? I know I have one map with your name on it but I dont' think its the 128 map. Can you post it here?

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#5 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by jesshamner
Is that map posted here somewhere?  I know I have one map with your name on it but I dont' think its the 128 map.  Can you post it here?

Here ya go buddy.,,,,
http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attach...p?postid=111172

Enjoy. This is a Timbo modded map.(The Monster Maker)biggrin.gif

millermanbg

maps

#6 Post by millermanbg »

im curious what wouldbe a good map for my speed i have the head ported and polished with the stock size wisco piston in it and have a shorty wiley company pipe running a stock filter is that animal 128 a good map for me im running a 02 motomap right now also is there anything else i should do to my computer other thank change them map thanks

61austin

#7 Post by 61austin »

As long as your engine is still stock displacement any of the stock maps with moto or blaze fuel should be fine. I would think that the stroker maps would be way more fuel than a stock engine could handle.

Happyboy

#8 Post by Happyboy »

shoot. I have run the blaze/speed map in my stroker with port and it ran great. Of course its not returning max power in some spots but for woods racing it was fine. Choose your map based on your riding style.

Psychosis

#9 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by 61austin
As long as your engine is still stock displacement any of the stock maps with moto or blaze fuel should be fine. I would think that the stroker maps would be way more fuel than a stock engine could handle.

All I know is before I remapped mine once it was switched to a stroker, the thing was so lean it wasn't even hardly wanting to run. (Only ran it for a minute or so like that before remap.) And I had had a Motospeed map in it that was way too rich to start w/. I wouldn't even want to try a stroker map in a stockbore.

BTW: The 128 map rocks on a stockbore stroker w/nothing but exhaust and short airhorn. Had to adjust the fuel but by far the closest map to what I wanted and to give it more fuel. Feels like it got a big boost of power w/that map.