fuel injected fuel line

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
kstevens

fuel injected fuel line

#1 Post by kstevens »

is fuel injected rated fuel line really necessary when replacing the dry-rotted fuel lines on the dale ? i replaced mine already with the properly rated line....that stuff aint cheap, $5.00 a foot for 1/4" and almost $8.00 a foot for the 3/8"
ouch.... just wondering if i need to spend that much money, but at least i dont have to worry about it....

GMAK

#2 Post by GMAK »

ya, but FI line is rated at 400psi. not your average fuel line...

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Pull up a picture of one of the burned to the ground Dales that had a fuel leak and ask yourself the same question. I've seen normal fuel line swell on a 7psi gravity & low pressure based fuel system on a car. I don't think it will work very well for too long on a 45psi fuel injection system.

kstevens

#4 Post by kstevens »

good point kdeal..... i guess thats why i spent 50 buck redoing my fuel line

CptHook

#5 Post by CptHook »

Im with kdeal on this one

kstevens

#6 Post by kstevens »

i was going with the high pressure line anyway...i was just kinda suprised at how much it cost... but a small price to pay to keep your quad from being the weenie roast

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes and if for instance the return line got pinched or quick connect wasnt in right fuel pressure will go over 100psi.

Easy E

#8 Post by Easy E »

Check with Canniboomer - he can probably get you a better deal on that high pressure fuel line.

GMAK

#9 Post by GMAK »

isnt the fuel injection line rated for 400psi?? or was i not thinking clearly

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

I believe the line is rated for 400psi, but you need to have a rating much higher than the operating pressure (45psi) because of situations like C27 mentioned. I wish I had a quarter for every time some one did not put the return line on fully at the disconnect, and posted that they couldn't figure out why their bike didn't run right or not at all. The line in question was not designed for the Cannondale exclusively, it is an industry standard type of line. Actually, I believe the line used on the Cannondale is a thinner wall design, so the industry standard line will probably last a long time.