after a week and $2000 it goes up in flames!!!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
hnnblehscnnble

after a week and $2000 it doesnt even run!!!

#1 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

well yesterday i went to my bosses house to finish my dale.the only things left to do was bleed brake and clutch lines, put in fluid,hook up battery,blow oil out of cylinder, put plastics on and ride it.

so when i got to the battery part i wasnt paying atttention and plugged the black wire that is also attched to the pos battery terminal into the solenoid plug .and poof smoke and burnt electronics.so my boss is like tear theharness apart.so i did and the only wire burnt was the black one.theres a black on and and yellow and black one.so i followed and took that covering and found where it stops.it stocps at the brass clamp with like 3 more black wires going into it.welll i was stuck there because my boss was gone then and i dont know electronics that well.so what i need to know is can i get rid of the burnt wire soder and new one in and run it back and i thought about using the plug where my tail light plugs in because i havent used a tail light in so song.PLEASE HELP ME because this really gets me down and i cant afford a new harness i just dumbed $2000 in front end brake lines tires etc.

kyle

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Well, it sucks that you're having problems but I thought yours burnt like gimpala's did.

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

I thought the same thing, your title is a little deceiving there.

Cannondale88

#4 Post by Cannondale88 »

At least he dosent lie about the burn up..Gimps battery didnt explode....He just said that to make dales burn when it comes to selling them

hnnblehscnnble

#5 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

nope it did not blow up explode or disenigrate.just plugged the wrong wire into the other wrong wire and saw alot of smoke and it burnt a little 16g wire up in the harness.quad is still intact and ridable if i can either fix my harness or get a new asap.so if anyone has and suggestions or has a harness that they can let go of cheap or even free:) that would be great other than that i have a sweet quad sitting in my garage with a doritos bag covering the harness because i had to pull it home in an open trailer in the raina nd thats the ony bag i had.man i love doritos.haha later

kyle

p.s. gimp is exactly what his name says a gimp.im not.i think he set his on fire to give dales a bad name haha:drink: :head:

Brad Oakley

#6 Post by Brad Oakley »

Kyle - I know you already know... But so others can find out - I have 4 NEW - latest revision - ATV wiring harnesses in stock. Price is $225.00 each. That's over $100 less than retail list!