dealer d&m kit

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
rubicon20032003

dealer d&m kit

#1 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I emailed a old cannondale dealer about a hour from my place.They still have the dealer d&m kit.They didn't call it a d&m can't remeber what they called it .What its worth to buy? They told me to make them a offer.What all sould i get with it?

jesshamner

#2 Post by jesshamner »

Its called Dealer Cal. They're worth quite a bit I think. I'm pretty sure its just software and the cable like anything else but you don't need an auth. code like you do for the d&m. You can access and ecu.

rubicon20032003

#3 Post by rubicon20032003 »

They way the parts manger talked like acouple hundred. Since they don't have anythig to do with dale stuff.I was hoping to get it cheaper then a regular d&m kit.I'm cheap on buying a d&m.Thats what he called.So you think cable an disk? Thats all?

RoooStEr Pops

#4 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

If you dont want it i will take it for 200.

jfarrar

#5 Post by jfarrar »

you guys should get ahold of canniboomer.the ones he will be selling i think are less than 200 and are capable of hooking to any ecu like dealer cal.plus you can edit maps.

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

Yep, and connection via USB cable! A few are going out to so-called "beta-tester" guinea pigs, aka early buyers, in a week or so.

On that Dealer Cal, note the dealer is technically still prohibited from selling it, as it was issued and licensed by Optimum for that dealer only (per Optimum verbatum). Also note, it is worthless without the unlock code, and the code must be re-issued every 2 or 3 years(or clock rollback? don't know) -- unless somebody has a new code and wrote it down somewhere or saved it separately, that disc is worth about as much as an AOL disc at Walmart. They should at least test it.

Yes, the Daler Cal has the exact same capability and manual as the basic D&M, and same cable. It just works on any ECU.

And the cable alone is still worth about $100.

rubicon20032003

#7 Post by rubicon20032003 »

I'll have to ask them.they said if i took my dale down there i could get my throotle calibrated which mine needs.So i'd say it still works.Whats your kit go for?I don't think they care about selling it .Its money for them that something they don't use.How do some of the people on here have them? If there are no cannondale dealers around now?

jesshamner

#8 Post by jesshamner »

Just wait for the new version that Canniboomer is selling. If you can't wait, take your cdale to your dealer and have them do what it needs until you can get the final release of the new software. Its cheaper than a regular d&m.

badvox

#9 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by Canniboomer   Also note, it is worthless without the unlock code, and the code must be re-issued every 2 or 3 years(or clock rollback? don't know) -- unless somebody has a new code and wrote it down somewhere or saved it separately, that disc is worth about as much as an AOL disc at Walmart.  They should at least test it.[/B]

Just so you know I can crack that stupid clock bull !@#$ now so dont worry about that.

mike

rubicon20032003

#10 Post by rubicon20032003 »

Originally posted by badvox
Just so you know I can crack that stupid clock bull !@#$ now so dont worry about that.

mike

Cool if i get it maybe someone can help me out:) I think what optimum charges is a bunch of bs for there software.They quoted me $750 dollars for what i wanted.You figure they drop there prices on dale stuff.Since its not like everyone is riding dales these days:)