Oil Is All Over the Place!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
HOUSER CDALE

Oil Is All Over the Place!

#1 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

My Cannibal is pushing oil out of the airbox. From what I understand it could be: overfilled with oil, need breather hose update, or scavenger pump/gears.

Ok well I know I didnt overfill it with oil, it read right on the oil dipstick line, now it doesnt even touch it.

I dont think it is my scavenger pump or one of the gears. Because I took off the oil line that goes to the tank that is between the frame spars above the engine and tapped the started and it pumped oil out of it.

Lastly , I know that I dont have the oil hose breather update done. But why would it take over two years for it to finally puke oil? I have rode the bike hard and revved it hard for two years now.

If I need the oil breather update where can I get the new oil drain plug? Plus I would like to get the better transmission drain plug also. Thanks for the help guys!!

RoooStEr Pops

#2 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

Check the gears anyway. you dont have to pull the motor you just have to pull the clutch cover to check. after you get the cover off you can look down and see if one of them has come off.

HOUSER CDALE

#3 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

I could be wrong, but if one of them has fallen off wouldn't it not pump oil out of that hose? In theory anyway.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

You might try purging the right rear frame chamber when you do the oil update-- a high arch in that hose from chamber to starter cover may have trapped oil back there after some overfill or rollover, and now the path of least resistance is toward the airbox. (just a theory) -- raise the rear end up high with the dipstick off to drain the hidden oil back into sump.

I have some kits and different types of plugs
pacrimdm@msn.com or just call

HOUSER CDALE

#5 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

Thanks for all the comments. The bike has never been over filled and it hasnt been flipped in over 2 years! What else should I check?

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

Even though it's pumping some, the sump screen could be blocked or pump worn, and just not pumping back to spars as fast as it's draining back to inlet, and then you would accumulate down below -- I'd still at least pop the lower hose off of right-rear spar to check for excessive oil in there, or sludge plug-up there affecting intended venting.

RoooStEr Pops

#7 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

crank case pressure for tne piston moving down will force the oil up the line. My sons dale lost the clip on the middle gear and it was pumping out the breather and all over the bike. once the oil get low enuff it will stop.

HOUSER CDALE

#8 Post by HOUSER CDALE »

So the fact that the oil is pumping from the line bewteen the spars mean nothing? Someone from another site is saying the check ball?

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

If the main oil pump isnt working it will also do this but very rare.How is the trannyoil level?If Tranny and motor it can overwhelm the scavenger pump also.It could be like Canniboomer suggested that scavenger pump is working just not as well as it should be.Sheared teeth could do this.

Cannondale88

#10 Post by Cannondale88 »

do the oil line update, Mine done the same thing...got the oil line update and it works fine now..