Whats wrong

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
harleypitbull1

Whats wrong

#1 Post by harleypitbull1 »

I just had my motor rebuilt by Timbo. It has a stroker with the stock piston. I put the Animal map in it today that tim told me to use. In the shop, just sitting still, it runs fine. You can rev it up and it sounds normal. But, if you take off through the parking lot it spits and spudders and cuts out. I have the canniboomer air filter kit on it. The plastic is still not on. Could this be forcing to much air into the intake and making it run to lean. I dont know much about engines. This was just a guess. Any information on the problem, if I was right. How to fix it or what to do? Any help is appreciated.

cannondale440

#2 Post by cannondale440 »

I got to say check your battery connections. make sure they are nice and tight.

61austin

#3 Post by 61austin »

Pull the plug and check your jetting. You might also replace the fuel filter if that hasn't been done lately and check the quick connectors on the fuel tank.

Exodus

#4 Post by Exodus »

That air filter setup is pretty open, hard to believe it would change air flow that much with plastic installed. Lets clarify a little before diagnostic. So it runs fine in the parking lot of smooth ground and runs crappy with bumps, or is that a humor?

If it indeed runs good on smooth ground and bad when its running over the dead bodies, then I would start looking at electrical connections, all of them. In any case start there, that will be just one more thing you double checked.

harleypitbull1

#5 Post by harleypitbull1 »

In the shop, it runs fine, sitting still only. If you take it outside to ride it is when it cuts out. All battery connections are fine and all electrical connnections are good. It only runs right sitting still. I thought that when I was riding it that too much air might be getting in. That is the map that tim suggested. It may need to be tweaked with those other settings. But I am not really good with the D&M kit. I just got it today.

harleypitbull1

#6 Post by harleypitbull1 »

In Tims email he told me that the injector flow rate could vary from 2200 to 2600 to get it tuned and the injector offset could also vary. Am I supposed to use the numbers pulled up in the map for this. Or am I supposed to keep the numbers that came out of my ecu when I requested the information and wrote them down. Maybe someone can tell me.

61austin

#7 Post by 61austin »

Originally posted by harleypitbull1
In Tims email he told me that the injector flow rate could vary from 2200 to 2600 to get it tuned and the injector offset could also vary.  Am I supposed to use the numbers pulled up in the map for this. Or am I supposed to keep the numbers that came out of my ecu when I requested the information and wrote them down. Maybe someone can tell me.

I would say neither. Do a wot run in second or third gear and shut the quad off without letting off the throttle. Then check your plug, if the porcelin is black lean it up some and if it is still white richen it up (trying to get light chocolate brown color at the base of the porcelin). Unless you are really lucky this process will have to be repeated several times.

Psychosis

#8 Post by Psychosis »

It all varies and it's trial and error w/these things. I have the same setup as you. (Stock piston stroker) I'm running the flow rate at around 2200 I believe but can't recall the offset off the top of my head. Works pretty well currently on one of the animals maps. Can't recall which.

harleypitbull1

#9 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Lean it up or richen it up, HOW? I saw something on the website the other day, I think, that was talking about how to do this. But as usual, whenever I need something, I can never find it. I was told that the injector flow and those other numbers were specific to my ECU and injectors and not to change those. So what do I do?

harleypitbull1

#10 Post by harleypitbull1 »

Psychosis, how does it run compared to stock? I am dying to find out. The motor has been out for about two months and I am about to die, wantin to ride. My head is ported and polished also. Is yours, what differences can you tell from stock? I know this is off the main topic but just want to know.?