Checking TPS

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
CptHook

Checking TPS

#1 Post by CptHook »

After having a discussion with my uncle (he's the service manager for the polaris/kubota dealer in our area, who I learn everything from) the other day about finishing the rebuild on my dale we came upon the subject of possibly having to do a throttle calibration, main point being that I dont have a D&M. I was worried that after having torn the motor out and everything, after putting it back in, needing a throttle recal might be a realistic possibility. Dont know yet, but he didnt seem to think so. Anyways he said if it was needed then we could just do it with a 9 volt battery and a multimeter, he says thats the way he does it on all their machines. So Im wondering if anyone has done this on the dales and if it is any different.

Canniboomer

#2 Post by Canniboomer »

Aside from the throttle cal, giving those mods a bit more fuel is probably more important, and still requires the D&M. Is anyone nearby to help you get tuned? The guys are getting closer to having the new ECU Diag software issued, and then we'll have more cables after that -- it's taking more time, but we don't want you guys running too lean while waiting for that. :wow

CptHook

#3 Post by CptHook »

Well I dont have anyone nearby, so Im going to have to break down and buy a D&M at some point here for the throttle cal, but when Timbo remapped my ECU when he did my motorwork, he specfically made it a little fat for your airbox mod Dave.