Cannibal Exhuast Question

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
djjeff4i

Cannibal Exhuast Question

#1 Post by djjeff4i »

Hello,
I recently purchased a 2002 Cannondale Cannibal ATV. The stock square exhaust that was on the bike was a bit beat up to say the least, it has a hole in it and is extremely loud, after taking it off the bike It sounds like there is stuff rattling around inside of it. So I have decided to purchase a new exhaust...I have heard other Cannondale owners usually get HMF pipes. My question is can I do away with purchasing just a slip-on or do I have to do a full exhaust system? Also are the HMF exhausts noticalibally quieter than a stock setup? I am looking to keep my Cannibal as quiet as possible and HP gains aren't a big concern.

Thanks,
Jeff Kahn

iceracer17

#2 Post by iceracer17 »

If don't mind them falling apart after a while you can get the new square mufflers for dirt cheap.Or you can take them apart and reinforce them. Contact blackwidowatv.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Welcome Jeff....by the way, you have a mailbox here. Check your PM's wink.gif

jesshamner

#4 Post by jesshamner »

Yes you can get away with just the slip on hmf since you have the 02 header. If you had the 03, it is still possible but takes some modification to the header. The hmf sounds a lot better than the toaster exhaust that came with the cannibal. I had 2 toasters before I gave up and bought an hmf.

hawksd1

exhaust questions pt 2

#5 Post by hawksd1 »

If you have an 03 and want to replace w/ just an hmf slip-on what "minor" mods have to be completed?

Canniboomer

#6 Post by Canniboomer »

theJeStEr1340

#7 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have a shortened HMF that needs to be packed and a header to match that has had the welds ground by timbo for $50 shipped.

hawksd1

hmf pipe offer

#8 Post by hawksd1 »

would like that very much would you mind c.o.d. if not I understand. can send you all my info if you like. Dont have that paypal stuff nor do I know how to use it if I did lol.

hawksd1

shortened hmf pipe

#9 Post by hawksd1 »

do you have a pic

theJeStEr1340

#10 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I can get pics, I am at college but will have my dad take pics of it for me and post them tomorrow. COD is fine as long as you pay the extra $$ (8.50 through ups). How does COd work, you pay the UPS man and he delivers money back to me?