Does this look Ported and Polished???

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Smitty911

Does this look Ported and Polished???

#1 Post by Smitty911 »

Here are some pictures of the intake and exhaust side. This is only what I can see. Not the best pictures but knowledgeable people can answer I'm sure.

Thanks

Smitty

Smitty911

next

#2 Post by Smitty911 »

Smitty911

Next

#3 Post by Smitty911 »

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

#4 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Those are virgin ports, which is better than hacked-up ports, by a butcher.wink.gif wink.gif

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I was counting the minutes for Tom to reply. :head: Yes the porting master is correct. Kinda looks like they were sandblasted though to eh? It should have a very smooth finish in the exhaust with exhaust crush washers precrushed and port matched.

Or is that what brand new heads look like. I wouldnt know .LOL

haydug

So, is this ported??

#6 Post by haydug »

:confused:

ANIMALSCANNIBAL

Re: So, is this ported??

#7 Post by ANIMALSCANNIBAL »

Originally posted by haydug
:confused:

That is as cast.smile.gif Thats how it appears in given picture,,,, more lighting, would be helpful.smile.gif

timbomoose

#8 Post by timbomoose »

Smitty911 Very hard to tell from pics.There are many different variations of porting.From the exhaust pics couldn't tell you,but from the intake looks like no at least not at the opening,but it could have the ports by valves cleaned up or valves deshrouded,which will make a difference,but can not tell from pics.Haydug can't tell either from angle of lighting.

Smitty911

Thanks for the feedback.

#9 Post by Smitty911 »

First - my knowledge of how to port is limited to cleaning up the rough areas. Actual port shape and other factors I am in the dark about. I know that the intake stays rough and the exhaust is polished smooth and shiny.

Second - This is one of Dougs Mega motors so my expectation of having port work done, should have been a noticable change in both intake and exhaust. See Sandgods heads. Those you can tell have been worked.

Third - My understanding was that Timbomoose was doing Dougs heads. Mine showed up with a sticker from Cycle Works, I talked to Greg at Cycle Works to ask him about it. He said to look for some marks that he leaves so he can know it his work. Marks where not there.

Trinty Racing had done some port work on it the first year I had it, so anything is possible.

I also have been reading about Cam wear, Buckets, KW valves and Springs, seat pressure, etc. from a company that has been failing. I may have these Cams and stuff in my head.

It's also been suggested to me that I just go ride the thing. Yea, that good advice. Unfortunatly, I don't want this thing to fail and be down for another year.

MAZ is in California right now and about 20 mins away. I think I'll just have him open this baby up and find out what been done. I will document each step with Photo's.

Thanks

I see a Suzuki in the future. LOL

Smitty

haydug

Re: Thanks for the feedback.

#10 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by Smitty911
MAZ is in California right now and about 20 mins away.  I think I'll just have him open this baby up and find out what been done.  I will document each step with Photo's.

Smitty

No problem with that, however once gone through by someone else, no warranty. Oh, and be sure to pay him. :confused: