New cams

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
Sandstorm

New cams

#1 Post by Sandstorm »

I have been talking to some local builders here. They have given me names of some companies that do custom work for them and to the locals specs.. I can get cams made.. How much I don't know yet.. Will they work better??? Well until they get a stock set they can't give me an answer since they don't know the specs on a stock set... Will they be hardend properly? I was assured absolutely. Anybody want to donate a junk set??? and give me the specs on the stock cams..

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

pm your addr...i have a set with 1 lobe worn and the other good. I can send them out to yah!

acarli3

#3 Post by acarli3 »

Nice work and collaboration guys!

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

:clap:

Sandstorm

#5 Post by Sandstorm »

To anybody else. Don't throw any old cams away.. I may need them,,, all of them.... Somebody tell me the differences in FX and Cannibal cams.. I need cold hard numbers.. I need amo for info to build what we need and want,, so I need facts!!

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

The set of FX cams I ran into that were different are long gone.The ones I and others checked recently were identical in lift to the newer cams.No one I know of has taken time to degree and spec the cams.But all you need to tell them is that we need more flow out exhaust.Let the cam guys figure it out.

Sandstorm

#7 Post by Sandstorm »

Okay..

CDALE022002

#8 Post by CDALE022002 »

If this will help let me know. I just recently tore the top end off my motor to replace a cam seal that was leaking coolant out the weep hole. While I was in there I thought I would inspect my cams to see if they were beyond the service limit. I have an 02 blaze that I installed FX cams in. While inspecting I found that one of the lobes on my exhaust cam was far beyond the service limit.

The hard coating on this particular exhaust cam lobe was worn away and showed signs of pitting. I just recently acquired a brand new FX exhaust cam and have not installed this in my motor yet. While I have it out, if any one needs any specs of it, I would like to help. I too would like to know the difference between the FX cams and the newer cams.

Let me know!! Thanks, Scott...

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

Ill bet when you check you will find a sticky valve bucket.

CDALE022002

#10 Post by CDALE022002 »

The weird thing is, when I tore the top end down, I did my inspection of the buckets and foung that the only one that was sticking was the one closest to the impeller and it wasn't even sticking that bad it just wouldn't come all the way out of the bucket hole smoothly. Can anyone shed some light as to why only one cam lobe wore out under a bucket that was not sticking at all? I'll reply later with a pic of the buckets to help out.