Where does this vent hose go?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
djmc

Where does this vent hose go?

#1 Post by djmc »

I just got my motor back from Brad and I have one breather hose I can not figure out where it goes. Is there a diagram or any pictures showing hose routing? I have a small nipple at the top of the side cover on the left side near the back of the engine that I believe one end of the hose attaches to.. The hose is around a quarter inch ID and goes about 6 inches and the turns about 90 degrees it also has a clamp on it made to for a small screw to tie it down to the engine. There is threaded port on the rear of the engine just above and to the left of the exhaust port. I am not sure if a nipple threads in there I doubt it Any ideas?

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

No it does not go there.That is a unused threaded hole in the head.

If you are talking about the barb at top of sidecover left side(WHEN SITTING ON QUAD)that is the tranny vent.Two options here.If you have a 3way t fitting which your other small lines connect too then the tranny vent just hangs on left spar fuelpump is mounted on and is directed down by battery.
If you have a cross 4way fitting which all your other small lines connect too then the tranny vent goes too that.

3way
ecu,regulator,airbox

4way
ecu,regulator,airbox and tranny vent.

All these hoses are about 1/8 in ID.

All other hoses are for OIL or breather and are very important.
There are no hoses on left side of motor with 1/4 ID.
I am thinking the hose you are talking about is either the vent off valve cover right side or the scavnger to frame oil fees line.Take a few pics so we can be sure you get this right before you start the motor.

djmc

#3 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by cannondale27
No it does not go there.That is a unused threaded hole in the head.

If you are talking about the barb at top of sidecover left side(WHEN SITTING ON QUAD)that is the tranny vent.Two options here.If you have a 3way t fitting which your other small lines connect too then the tranny vent just hangs on left spar fuelpump is mounted on and is directed down by battery.
If you have a cross 4way fitting which all your other small lines connect too then the tranny vent goes too that.

3way
ecu,regulator,airbox

4way
ecu,regulator,airbox and tranny vent.

All these hoses are about 1/8 in ID.

All other hoses are for OIL or breather and are very important.
There are no hoses on left side of motor with 1/4 ID.
I am thinking the hose you are talking about is either the vent off valve cover right side or the scavnger to frame oil fees line.Take a few pics so we can be sure you get this right before you start the motor.

Thanks for the help. I will take some pics and email them to you as I don't know how to post them to the site.
I am sure you are right about the hose that is left can not go to the barb on the top left of the motor as that is quite small around 1/4 where as the hose that is left over is small but the ends flare out to about 3/8. I should have added that I did the breather update so either that elimnated a couple of hoses or I screwed something up. I know when I got done the hose that used to go to the banjo fitting at the bottom of the crankcase was eliminated and replaced by a larger hose that tied into the starter clutch cover into a TEE then to one of the nipples in the right side of the frame and then up under the airbox where I replaced the Tee and tied the larger 3/8 hose into the 1/4 hose at the top of the frame. Anyway I will take the pics shortly.

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

It sounds like you are talking about the right side of the engine off of the valve cover. There is a 1/4" fitting there that has an oil vent line that goes down to the frame spar below near where one of your vent line update hoses connect (the 90 degree one).

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I bet your right Kdeal.

djmc

#6 Post by djmc »

Originally posted by kdeal
It sounds like you are talking about the right side of the engine off of the valve cover. There is a 1/4" fitting there that has an oil vent line that goes down to the frame spar below near where one of your vent line update hoses connect (the 90 degree one).

No it is not that one I have that one hooked up as described. The nipple I am talking about it straight across the motor on the left side but it comes out at the top of the side cover near the back. Sorry for the confusion. I just emailed pics to cannondaler 27 hopefully that will clear things up.

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

Check your email.Would have liked a Pic of the right side where two hoses go into frame above right swingarm pivot.But I bet you toss that hose there.It used to go from valvecover to the frame above pivot but now you breather update does.

djmc

#8 Post by djmc »

So it sounds like I just have to attach a 14 hose to the open nipple on the left side and run it down like an overflow vent and I am all set? I don't know what happened with that hose. Perhaps when
BlackWidow packed it up that hose stayed behind. If you think of anything else let me know and thanks you guys for your help.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats it.Dont think its a 1/4 id though.Smaller.Would still like to see pics of the right side spar above swingarm pivot (inside).

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Thats it.Dont think its a 1/4 id though.Smaller.Would still like to see pics of the right side spar above swingarm pivot (inside).

C27 is right it's more like 3/16" or 1/8" not 1/4". Just use 3/16" vacuum line.