pulling motor

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
saleen_1

pulling motor

#1 Post by saleen_1 »

pulling motor ,any manuals out there that cover this.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

No manuals but its pretty straightforward.Some time saving tips are to leave radiator and fan in.Just pull injectors out of intake leaving them in bonnets.Loosen lower clamp for throttlebody and leave it in airbox or just remove two bolts at front by airfilter and you can move box around enough without taking top off.Make sure you disconnect all wires and hoses dont forget the coolant bottle bleed hose.5/16 8point socket 1/4 in drive with extensions and swivels make getting headpipe off easy.Rear shock can still support quad if you turn it so bottle is under the rear subframe.I am sure others will add more.

Sandstorm

#3 Post by Sandstorm »

Take pics of all angles for reassemble reference. It helped me alot..

Sandstorm

#4 Post by Sandstorm »

Take pics of all angles for reassemble reference. It helped me alot.. Half the time is getting fluids drained and all the plastic/tank off. Doesn't really take to much longer to get the motor out..

ABM-CANNIBAL

#5 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

There use to be a full article on step by stem instruction on pulling the motor out on cannondaleriders. I found it but the links says it no longer exists. I think I have a printed copy of it somewhere. I will see if I can find it and scan them.

http://www.cannondaler.com/articles.php

saleen_1

#6 Post by saleen_1 »

thanks for all the information.

krazken

#7 Post by krazken »

another thing that I have seen that is very helpful is to stick rods in both sides of the swingarm area when you take the swingarm bolt out so that you don't have all the hassle when you try to thread the swingarm bolt back through everything.

Also, watch out for the nuts on the cradle. Sometimes they come loose, sometimes they stay put. Also, when putting it back in...the tow strap is your friend...wrap it around the front bottom of the motor and then up around the top of the frame to hold it in place so you can wrestle the back end around to get the swingarm bolt back through it.

kdeal

#8 Post by kdeal »

I use a tie-down strap on the grab bar and put tension on the grab bar pulling up towards the ceiling. I also use a car floor jack to wrestle with the motor. After doing this drill a few times it definitely goes faster.

GDITheman

#9 Post by GDITheman »

floor jack is the ticket. makes coming out and going in easier.

ABM-CANNIBAL

#10 Post by ABM-CANNIBAL »

That is the exact instructions I used the first time I dropped my motor. It walks you thought one step at a time.