Dissapearing exaust trick

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
chigger81

#1 Post by chigger81 »

I have created a problem. I rebuilt my exaust about a month ago. I took it to a machine shop and had it redone. Since its a big gun, it was falling apart. I put larger rivets in the rear, that worked great, but I also had the manchine shop tap the end cap and bolt in on so I wouldnt be drilling rivets next time I had it repacked. Well, they left about a 3/32 gap. The end cap doesnt fit flush and Im looking all my packing. I took the cap off yesterday and found that theres a small piece of packing the size of my fist left, and as you can see that isnt going to be there long. I dont have many ideas. I thought about a high temperature o ring or maybe some high temp form a gasket type stuff. I got an o ring streched around it, but it was too thick and I couldnt get my bolts started. Any ideas for me?

MyCannibal

#2 Post by MyCannibal »

yeah...go get a HMF.....they r the best for dales anyway in my opinion.....and they dont fall apart...and if they do HMF will stand behind it and give you a brand new one....even if its past the 2 year warranty they will only charge you like $30.00......for a new pipe!

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

Cut the muffler off 1 inch shorter and drill the holes so there is no gap.

I agree about Big guns being junk. I sold mine a week after I bought it used and rebuilt it.