Need help still dieing!!!!

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
iWantaTurbo

#1 Post by iWantaTurbo »

been fighting this for over a year now. it just dies sometimes. if i put the green button it starts back up while still moving.

was getting worse, could hardly ride it. then i sat all winter and battery went bad. so got new battery and never died once the hole day i had it out.

then took it out next weekend and it started dieing again!!!!!

first day it was in the 60's and i was running 90% av gas.

second time out was in the 80's and was running 40% av gas.

i don't think it has any thing to do with the fuel. and i don't think it is heat? it just dies. and you can't jump start it with out pushing the button? im thinking a elc. short but how would i track it down?

any other ideas?

iWantaTurbo

#2 Post by iWantaTurbo »

QUOTE (iWantaTurbo @ Apr 24 2006, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
been fighting this for over a year now. it just dies sometimes. if i put the green button it starts back up while still moving.

was getting worse, could hardly ride it. then i sat all winter and battery went bad. so got new battery and never died once the hole day i had it out.

then took it out next weekend and it started dieing again!!!!!

first day it was in the 60's and i was running 90% av gas.

second time out was in the 80's and was running 40% av gas.

i don't think it has any thing to do with the fuel. and i don't think it is heat? it just dies. and you can't jump start it with out pushing the button? im thinking a elc. short but how would i track it down?

any other ideas?

on a side note i don't have teh stock fuel cap, it has a hole in the top for a vent is it sopost to be sealed?

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

No not supposed to be sealed.

Canniboomer

#4 Post by Canniboomer »

.. an '02 using race gas probably has plugging-up fuel fittings by now, from problems with the internal seals-- have you changed or modded them?

claas900

#5 Post by claas900 »

..Yeah,id bet fuel line orings..Also,do you have a Pingle kill swtich...Next thing i would do is start the bike and just start wigleing wires..Crank sensor,grounds..ext..

iWantaTurbo

#6 Post by iWantaTurbo »

it is a 02 unicorn motor if that makes any difrence.

every think is all stock as far as i know, so you think it is starving and that what kills it? in never misses a beat just dies. if i push the start button while moving it comes back alive.

on another note what do i need to do to fix all the seals? i can not ride this thing with normal fuel it is a turd!!!!!

most of the time it is not bumpy at all when it dies and seames to be at the top of the band in 2nd gear.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

... could also be a stop circuit problem as hinted above -- that can be easily tested and corrected. Give a call, tks. dave

iWantaTurbo

#8 Post by iWantaTurbo »

stop circuit problem

what is this? how would i check it?

Give a call, tks. dave huh?????

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

... I had just meant to just pick up the phone!

Any momentary loss of continuity in the run/stop ciruit through the on/off or kill switch, will stall you out immediately, and then act like normal again. It could be a switch problem under vibration or impact, and easily bypassed for testing. What stop switch(es) do you have?

lrstead

#10 Post by lrstead »

How come nobody mentioned the grounds? Star washer on battery, you know...the basics. My bike did the same thing, just cut out without warning, then fire back up. It was just the ground. Someone had mentioned somewhere that you should not only check the nuts and bolts, but also the wire connection itself, his nut was tight,(don't say it Beavis) so everything seemed ok, but it wasn't. Keep it simple.