Keeps fouling plugs...

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
yamadjs08

#1 Post by yamadjs08 »

Ok guys, I feel like a retard because I am constantly asking for help on these forums LOL. Everyday it seems I have a new post. Im tired of tearing my Cannondale down so that I can go ride. It keeps fouling plugs, C27 sent me an ECU because I messed mine up, anyways I can change the plug in the morning and ride all day and it doesnt foul a plug at all. Although it can be very hard to start at times when its hot. But if I let it sit overnight it doesnt want to start at all. And than I change the plug and it runs all day again until the next day. So Im not sure what I need to change in my settings with the ECU, but this isnt normal. I had my first race Sunday and it ran great, took forever to start if I ever stalled it and I was **** near last off the line because it took so long to start, but it fired and ran excellent the whole race. It was the most mud I have ever seen, my red plastics are ruined (are now thrashers) and it wont start today because of this plug issue. What do I need to change to stop this plug fouling issue!!!

Thanks in advance guys! Any help would be greatly appreciated! biggrin.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

QUOTE (yamadjs08 @ May 2 2006, 05:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok guys, I feel like a retard because I am constantly asking for help on these forums LOL. Everyday it seems I have a new post. Im tired of tearing my Cannondale down so that I can go ride. It keeps fouling plugs, C27 sent me an ECU because I messed mine up, anyways I can change the plug in the morning and ride all day and it doesnt foul a plug at all. Although it can be very hard to start at times when its hot. But if I let it sit overnight it doesnt want to start at all. And than I change the plug and it runs all day again until the next day. So Im not sure what I need to change in my settings with the ECU, but this isnt normal. I had my first race Sunday and it ran great, took forever to start if I ever stalled it and I was **** near last off the line because it took so long to start, but it fired and ran excellent the whole race. It was the most mud I have ever seen, my red plastics are ruined (are now thrashers) and it wont start today because of this plug issue. What do I need to change to stop this plug fouling issue!!!

Thanks in advance guys! Any help would be greatly appreciated! biggrin.gif

Diigging back into some fuzzy memories I believe all those NACs quads were set extremely lean on the offsets. Like around .5 I think we turned them up just a little bit . I do remeber yours was a pain in the arse to get to take a hex code. I think i had to reload it like 3 or 4 times before it would fire up. Putting the battery charger on it while loading the hex made it work .
Anyway for hard starting make sure you are doing the throttle cals correctly . Start leaning it out . Since you have blocked off your IAC its not getting the air it normally does to jack the idle up. Raise a 100 on the flowrate and drop the offset down several; tenths to see if it starts better. You know you might actually have to give it just a little throttle with the IAC out for starting.

yamadjs08

#3 Post by yamadjs08 »

Alright, sounds good, Ill give it a shot.

Also one other thing, I changed my tranny oil today, and there seemed to be a little more shavings than normal in my filter and on my magnetic plug. But it has been a while since the last time I changed it, probably around 20-25 hours... (eek!) Its nothing too important is it? I mean it isnt mass amounts of shavings, but it kinda suprised me.

Also, Im a little up set, I must not have put anti seize on my oil level check bolt the last time I changed it because it doesnt want to budge, Im affraid that Im going to strip it out... Is there anything that I can do?

dalewannbe

#4 Post by dalewannbe »

What race did you do?

Is it your tranny oil check bolt? Normally these quads don't burn tranny oil. Only if your leaking tranny oil would I be concerned about it.

yamadjs08

#5 Post by yamadjs08 »

Raced at Brooks in the Iowa Harescramble Series.

Yeah, its my tranny oil check bolt. It doesnt seem to burn any oil, or leak it. The bolt is just tight as ****, and I must not have used any anti seize on it last time. I know its going to strip it out if I try to take it out, thats how tight it is. So what I did was put the oil I drained out into a empty oil quart bottle and than put like half an oz more than that in there. I havent run it yet, Im not real sure what to do. What happens if you over fill it?

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

Just put 3/4 of a quart in it and forgot about it.

iWantaTurbo

#7 Post by iWantaTurbo »

i might be way off but could the injetor be leaking and puting tomuch fuel in over night?

RoooStEr Pops

#8 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

I let my son use my fuel pump and put a diferent one on then
I had the same problem fouling plugs left and right. Even when I leaned it out with the D&M. My fuel filter was all the way full and it was never like that before. I ended up changeing that fuel pump with a new one and that fixed the problem.