Starter went?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
speed_demon

#1 Post by speed_demon »

Had a trip a couple weeks ago & battery was low. Finally gave out on day 2 of the trip. Got pull started the rest of the trip. When I got home I tried to start it up & heard an electrical buzz ( more like a zap) and that was it, it was at least trying to start before that. I put my battery on the trickle charger & tried it the next day-fuel pump primed, but when I hit the green button...nothing mad.gif So do you think I fried my starter trying to get her started all that week?

Easy E

#2 Post by Easy E »

Put 12 volts straight to the starter to see if it spins (jumpers off a known good battery works great) - then you'll know if it's bad.

speed_demon

#3 Post by speed_demon »

QUOTE (Easy E @ May 8 2006, 06:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Put 12 volts straight to the starter to see if it spins (jumpers off a known good battery works great) - then you'll know if it's bad.

Tried it today & it still works. Now I do some searching on the site to see what's the real culprit! Any ideas guys?

RoooStEr Pops

#4 Post by RoooStEr Pops »

QUOTE (speed_demon @ May 9 2006, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried it today & it still works. Now I do some searching on the site to see what's the real culprit! Any ideas guys?

did you try and jump it across the starter sellnolid if it starts then its the starter button

speed_demon

#5 Post by speed_demon »

Went back and triple checked everything today and found a short in the positive lead wire. Fixed it & she fired right up! Now I just need to plug my left rear tire! rolleyes.gif