Newbie C'dale owner need info?

Engine, intake, exhaust, EFI, chain, sprockets, etc.
wilburx3

#1 Post by wilburx3 »

I just bought an 03 Blaze and took it out to ride Sun. I have 2 400ex's with all kinds of mods and dont believe I will ever want another one after riding the C'dale. The thing runs like a missle and I love it. But, the motor sounds like it might come completely apart at anytime even though I had no problems with it for 4 hrs of riding. I dont know squat about em and if anyone could give me a few hints as to what might be wrong with it I would appreciate it. Thank you for your help

CHAINSAW

#2 Post by CHAINSAW »

Thats just the sound of American power!!! Everyone first thinks their dales are coming apart when they first hear em.... its just how they sound man.

You should do a seach here on the forums for updates. There are some basic ones you should try to do to ensure a longer life for your new machine.

jesshamner

#3 Post by jesshamner »

You should be more worried if it doesn't sound like is going to come apart. Ride that thing like you stole it.

wilburx3

#4 Post by wilburx3 »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ May 17 2006, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should be more worried if it doesn't sound like is going to come apart. Ride that thing like you stole it.

Basically did Jess found it for so cheap I couldnt pass it up. Been wantin one for a while anyway and when I seen it for 3 grand I jumped all over it. But, I had to drive 7 hrs to pick it up

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Sweet! Sounds about like my story. Don't forget to put yourself on the map in the Open Forum. I think the thread title is "Represent yo hood."

wilburx3

#6 Post by wilburx3 »

Hey fellows I would need to ask a few more questions. My rear brake master cylinder is sticking and not releasing on its own. Do I need to just get a new one or is there an easy fix on it. The rear brake caliper mount also has a little play in it and is that normal on the dales (i think I may have a bearing goin out in bearing carrier might be causin this though). Thought I would ask anyway. And on the stage 8 kit, is there something I would be able to see that has been put on to know if the kit has already been added so I dont start buying a bunch of parts I already have on the dale. Thanks for the help.

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

The stage 8 kit is bascially bolts with a metal tab on it to lock it in place. Look for the metal tabs to see if you have the stage 8. I'll look for a picture of it.

http://www.stage8.com/

Here is the website. If you go to the homepage, they have an animation that shows how it works and what it looks like. They do have a couple different versions of locking tabs. The version we use has the tear drop shape locking tab.

wilburx3

#8 Post by wilburx3 »

I dont think it has the stage 8 kit on it but looks like they may have threadlocked em. Bit of residue still on bolts. Also Jess I got a little play in my rear axle, I think a bearing is goin out, but the play in the axle is slight. The play in the rear brake rotor, and rear brake mount are quite a bit mor than the axle. Do you think the bearing is causing all of these problems? Sorry for all the crap I am asking, just wanna make sure I get everything done right and back in almost new condition so I can start with all the hop ups and accessories I wanna get for this thing. The rear axle nut I need to ask about too. There is a rubber type gromet or something next to it that has a zip tie around it. Is there some type of set screw under it and do I need a certain tool for the rear axle nut. And the rear brake pedal sticks when u use the brakes. I checked to see if the spring was wore out but it seems to be fine. Is there a place I can send it to to be fixed or should I just buy a new one. Thanks for the help Jess I really appreciate it.

cdrider02

#9 Post by cdrider02 »

[/quote]Is the master cylinder sticking or the pedal? If it is the cylinder most of the time I just take it apart and clean it, lube it with brake fluid and carefully reassemble it being careful not to cut any seals. If you do need a new one contact Black widow they may be able to get the seals for it also. I would not ride it if it truly does have axle bearing slack, I have had several other machines that I rode with a small amount of slack and it did not hurt anything but my dale had no slack in the original bearings (low hours)and 3 of the 4 shattered races and all. It took out the carrier, axle, spacer, shims, and sprocket hub also Texasdale's had 1 original bearing (also low hours) with no slack that shattered. I'm not sure but there may have been a problem with the installation of the originals, or it could have just been bad luck we also have 2 more quads to check out. Anyway I would not play around with it if it is not right it is much cheaper to fix before it breaks just use high quality bearings (no china or taiwan). FYI I bought a lonestar carrier because mine was barely in one piece and the carrier is nice but it came with chinese bearings.

Canniboomer

#10 Post by Canniboomer »

...I have new rear master cylinder assembly (with rezzy and hose) and likely cheaper than trying to fix your stocker $20.... also have premium rear axle bearings/seals, and a new bolting kit with twice as many fasteners as the Stage 8 Kit. Partial kits are available if you have the Stage 8 installed already, and you're not removing anything.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...topic=16284&hl=

Stage 8 kit, $85 shipped if you want my last one.